Greek2774. kephalaion -- of the head, the main point
... of the head, the main point. Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter Transliteration: kephalaion
Phonetic Spelling: (kef-al'-ah-yon) Short Definition: the chief matter, a ...
//strongsnumbers.com/greek2/2774.htm - 6k
4743. stigme -- a point, ie a moment
874. aphorme -- a starting point, ie fig. an occasion
188. akmen -- at the present point of time
1519. eis -- to or into (indicating the point reached or entered ...
2759. kentron -- a sharp point
2079. eschatos -- extremely
4931. sunteleo -- to complete, accomplish
1166. deiknumi -- to show
3195. mello -- to be about to
Strong's Hebrew6856. tsipporen -- fingernail, stylus point
... 6855, 6856. tsipporen. 6857 . fingernail, stylus point. Transliteration: tsipporen
Phonetic Spelling: (tsip-po'-ren) Short Definition: nails. ... nail, point. ...
/hebrew/6856.htm - 6k
5351. nequddah -- a point or drop
7053. qilleshon -- perhaps fine point
7665. shabar -- to break, break in pieces
19. ibchah -- slaughter
3542. kah -- here
8376. taah -- probably to mark out
3384. yarah -- to throw, shoot
184. avah -- to sign, mark, describe with a mark
853. eth -- untranslatable mark of the accusative case.
The Starting Point.
Stand-Point of James as an Inspired Teacher, and his Relation to ...
The Cardinal Point of the Synchronisms; Or, the Synchronism
Nor is it to the Point to Say that the Very Smallest and Briefest. ...
The Point at which the Discussion Has Arrived, and what Remains to ...
But the Important Point Here is Only that You Cannot Anyhow Get ...
Whether a Penitent, at the Point of Death, Can be Absolved by any ...
Ep. I. There is one Good Point in My Character, and I Will Boast ...
At this Point Let us Speak of his Healings. ...
The First Point which Celsus Brings Forward, in his Desire to ...
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary1. (v. t. & i.) To appoint.
2. (n.) That which pricks or pierces; the sharp end of anything, esp. the sharp end of a piercing instrument, as a needle or a pin.
3. (n.) An instrument which pricks or pierces, as a sort of needle used by engravers, etchers, lace workers, and others; also, a pointed cutting tool, as a stone cutter's point; -- called also pointer.
4. (n.) Anything which tapers to a sharp, well-defined termination. Specifically: A small promontory or cape; a tract of land extending into the water beyond the common shore line.
5. (n.) The mark made by the end of a sharp, piercing instrument, as a needle; a prick.
6. (n.) An indefinitely small space; a mere spot indicated or supposed. Specifically: (Geom.) That which has neither parts nor magnitude; that which has position, but has neither length, breadth, nor thickness, -- sometimes conceived of as the limit of a line; that by the motion of which a line is conceived to be produced.
7. (n.) An indivisible portion of time; a moment; an instant; hence, the verge.
8. (n.) A mark of punctuation; a character used to mark the divisions of a composition, or the pauses to be observed in reading, or to point off groups of figures, etc.; a stop, as a comma, a semicolon, and esp. a period; hence, figuratively, an end, or conclusion.
9. (n.) Whatever serves to mark progress, rank, or relative position, or to indicate a transition from one state or position to another, degree; step; stage; hence, position or condition attained; as, a point of elevation, or of depression; the stock fell off five points; he won by ten points.
10. (n.) That which arrests attention, or indicates qualities or character; a salient feature; a characteristic; a peculiarity; hence, a particular; an item; a detail; as, the good or bad points of a man, a horse, a book, a story, etc.
11. (n.) Hence, the most prominent or important feature, as of an argument, discourse, etc.; the essential matter; esp., the proposition to be established; as, the point of an anecdote.
12. (n.) A small matter; a trifle; a least consideration; a punctilio.
13. (n.) A dot or mark used to designate certain tones or time
14. (n.) A dot or mark distinguishing or characterizing certain tones or styles; as, points of perfection, of augmentation, etc.; hence, a note; a tune.
15. (n.) A dot placed at the right hand of a note, to raise its value, or prolong its time, by one half, as to make a whole note equal to three half notes, a half note equal to three quarter notes.
16. (n.) A fixed conventional place for reference, or zero of reckoning, in the heavens, usually the intersection of two or more great circles of the sphere, and named specifically in each case according to the position intended; as, the equinoctial points; the solstitial points; the nodal points; vertical points, etc. See Equinoctial Nodal.
17. (n.) One of the several different parts of the escutcheon. See Escutcheon.
18. (n.) One of the points of the compass (see Points of the compass, below); also, the difference between two points of the compass; as, to fall off a point.
19. (n.) A short piece of cordage used in reefing sails. See Reef point, under Reef.
20. (n.) A string or lace used to tie together certain parts of the dress.
21. (n.) Lace wrought the needle; as, point de Venise; Brussels point. See Point lace, below.
22. (n.) A switch.
23. (n.) An item of private information; a hint; a tip; a pointer.
24. (n.) A fielder who is stationed on the off side, about twelve or fifteen yards from, and a little in advance of, the batsman.
25. (n.) The attitude assumed by a pointer dog when he finds game; as, the dog came to a point. See Pointer.
26. (n.) A standard unit of measure for the size of type bodies, being one twelfth of the thickness of pica type. See Point system of type, under Type.
27. (n.) A tyne or snag of an antler.
28. (n.) One of the spaces on a backgammon board.
29. (n.) A movement executed with the saber or foil; as, tierce point.
30. (n.) To give a point to; to sharpen; to cut, forge, grind, or file to an acute end; as, to point a dart, or a pencil. Used also figuratively; as, to point a moral.
31. (n.) To direct toward an abject; to aim; as, to point a gun at a wolf, or a cannon at a fort.
32. (n.) Hence, to direct the attention or notice of.
33. (n.) To supply with punctuation marks; to punctuate; as, to point a composition.
34. (n.) To mark (as Hebrew) with vowel points.
35. (n.) To give particular prominence to; to designate in a special manner; to indicate, as if by pointing; as, the error was pointed out.
36. (n.) To indicate or discover by a fixed look, as game.
37. (n.) To fill up and finish the joints of (a wall), by introducing additional cement or mortar, and bringing it to a smooth surface.
38. (n.) To cut, as a surface, with a pointed tool.
39. (v. i.) To direct the point of something, as of a finger, for the purpose of designating an object, and attracting attention to it; -- with at.
40. (v. i.) To indicate the presence of game by fixed and steady look, as certain hunting dogs do.
ThesaurusPoint (106 Occurrences)
... or pierces, as a sort of needle used by engravers, etchers, lace workers, and others;
also, a pointed cutting tool, as a stone cutter's point; -- called also ...
/p/point.htm - 40k
Revolution (6 Occurrences)
Prick (2 Occurrences)
Level (31 Occurrences)
Direct (58 Occurrences)
Moment (71 Occurrences)
West (110 Occurrences)
East (228 Occurrences)
Pihahiroth (4 Occurrences)
Pitch (25 Occurrences)
Bible ConcordancePoint (106 Occurrences)
Matthew 4:5 Then the Evil One took him to the holy town; and he put him on the highest point of the Temple and said to him,
Matthew 18:15 "If your brother acts wrongly towards you, go and point out his fault to him when only you and he are there. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother.
Matthew 18:21 At this point Peter came to Him with the question, "Master, how often shall my brother act wrongly towards me and I forgive him? seven times?"
Matthew 24:1 And Jesus went out of the Temple, and on the way his disciples came to him, pointing out the buildings of the Temple.
Matthew 26:38 and He said to them, "My soul is crushed with anguish to the very point of death; wait here, and keep awake with me."
Matthew 26:56 But all this has taken place in order that the writings of the Prophets may be fulfilled." At this point the disciples all left Him and fled.
Mark 5:23 and begged him much, saying, "My little daughter is at the point of death. Please come and lay your hands on her, that she may be made healthy, and live."
Mark 12:28 Then one of the Scribes, who had heard them disputing and well knew that Jesus had given them an answer to the point, and a forcible one, came forward and asked Him, "Which is the chief of all the Commandments?"
Mark 13:4 "Tell us, When will these things be? and what will be the sign when all these predictions are on the point of being fulfilled?"
Mark 14:34 and He said to them, "My heart is oppressed with anguish to the very point of death: wait here and keep awake."
Luke 4:9 And he took him to Jerusalem and put him on the highest point of the Temple and said to him, If you are the Son of God, let yourself go down from here; for it is said in the Writings,
Luke 7:2 A certain centurion's servant, who was dear to him, was sick and at the point of death.
Luke 8:9 And his disciples put questions to him about the point of the story.
Luke 8:11 Now this is the point of the story: The seed is the word of God.
Luke 18:1 And he made a story for them, the point of which was that men were to go on making prayer and not get tired;
John 4:27 At that point the disciples came back, and they were surprised to see him talking to a woman; but not one of them said to him, What is your purpose? or, Why are you talking to her?
John 4:47 When he heard that Jesus had come out of Judea into Galilee, he went to him, and begged him that he would come down and heal his son, for he was at the point of death.
John 6:21 Then they were willing to take Him on board; and in a moment the boat reached the shore at the point to which they were going.
Acts 7:3 and said to him, "'Leave your country and your relatives, and go into whatever land I point out to you.'
Acts 12:6 Now when Herod was on the point of taking him out of prison, that very night Peter was asleep between two soldiers, bound with two chains, and guards were on duty outside the door.
Acts 16:27 Starting up from sleep and seeing the doors of the jail wide open, the jailer drew his sword and was on the point of killing himself, supposing that the prisoners had escaped.
Acts 19:21 When matters had reached this point, Paul decided in his own mind to travel through Macedonia and Greece, and go to Jerusalem. "After that," he said, "I must also see Rome."
Acts 20:3 The Jews having planned to waylay him whenever he might be on the point of taking ship for Syria, he decided to travel back by way of Macedonia.
Acts 22:29 So the men who had been on the point of putting him under torture immediately left him. And the Tribune, too, was frightened when he learnt that Paul was a Roman citizen, for he had had him bound.
Acts 23:27 This man Paul had been seized by the Jews, and they were on the point of killing him, when I came upon them with the troops and rescued him, for I had been informed that he was a Roman citizen.
Acts 24:22 At this point Felix, who was fairly well informed about the new faith, adjourned the trial, saying to the Jews, "When the Tribune Lysias comes down, I will enter carefully into the matter."
Acts 27:7 It took several days of slow sailing for us to come with difficulty off Cnidus; from which point, as the wind did not allow us to get on in the direct course, we ran under the lee of Crete by Salmone.
Acts 27:41 And coming to a point between two seas, they got the ship to land; and the front part was fixed in the sand and not able to be moved, but the back part was broken by the force of the waves.
Romans 2:1 Therefore you are without excuse, O man, whoever you are who judge. For in that which you judge another, you condemn yourself. For you who judge practice the same things.
Romans 3:2 The privilege is great from every point of view. First of all, because the Jews were entrusted with God's truth.
Romans 7:8 but sin, getting a point of attack by the commandment, wrought in me every lust; for without law sin was dead.
Romans 7:11 for sin, getting a point of attack by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
1 Corinthians 9:8 Do I speak these things according to the ways of men? Or doesn't the law also say the same thing?
1 Corinthians 11:16 But if any one is inclined to be contentious on the point, we have no such custom, nor have the Churches of God.
1 Corinthians 11:22 Have ye not then houses for eating and drinking? or do ye despise the assembly of God, and put to shame them who have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you? In this point I do not praise.
1 Corinthians 12:31 But always seek to excel in the greater gifts. And now I will point out to you a way of life which transcends all others.
2 Corinthians 5:16 Therefore we know no one after the flesh from now on. Even though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now we know him so no more.
2 Corinthians 6:9 as obscure persons, and yet are well known; as on the point of death, and yet, strange to tell, we live; as under God's discipline, and yet we are not deprived of life;
2 Corinthians 7:9 I now rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that you were made sorry to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly way, that you might suffer loss by us in nothing.
2 Corinthians 7:11 For behold, this same thing, that you were made sorry in a godly way, what earnest care it worked in you. Yes, what defense, indignation, fear, longing, zeal, and vengeance! In everything you demonstrated yourselves to be pure in the matter.
2 Corinthians 9:6 Remember this: he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly. He who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.
Philippians 2:8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself, becoming obedient to death, yes, the death of the cross. Paul's First Letter to the Thessalonians
Philippians 2:27 For it is true that he has been ill, and was apparently at the point of death; but God had pity on him, and not only on him, but also on me, to save me from having sorrow upon sorrow.
Philippians 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, think this way. If in anything you think otherwise, God will also reveal that to you.
Philippians 3:16 But whatever be the point that we have already reached, let us persevere in the same course.
Colossians 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: the starting point of all things, the first to come again from the dead; so that in all things he might have the chief place.
1 Timothy 4:6 If you instruct the brothers of these things, you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, nourished in the words of the faith, and of the good doctrine which you have followed.
2 Timothy 2:9 in which I suffer hardship to the point of chains as a criminal. But God's word isn't chained.
2 Timothy 4:6 For I am already being offered, and the time of my departure has come.
Hebrews 6:9 But we, even while we speak in this tone, have a happier conviction concerning you, my dearly-loved friends--a conviction of things which point towards salvation.
Hebrews 8:1 Now in the things which we are saying, the main point is this. We have such a high priest, who sat down on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens,
Hebrews 11:17 Through faith Abraham, as soon as God put him to the test, offered up Isaac. Yes, he who had joyfully welcomed the promises was on the point of sacrificing his only son
Hebrews 12:4 You have not yet resisted to blood, striving against sin;
James 2:10 For whoever keeps the whole law, and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all.
1 Peter 1:11 searching for who or what kind of time the Spirit of Christ, which was in them, pointed to, when he predicted the sufferings of Christ, and the glories that would follow them.
Revelation 2:10 Don't be afraid of the things which you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested; and you will have oppression for ten days. Be faithful to death, and I will give you the crown of life.
Revelation 3:2 Wake up, and keep the things that remain, which you were about to throw away, for I have found no works of yours perfected before my God.
Genesis 25:32 And Esau said, Behold, I am at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright do to me?
Genesis 31:32 Anyone you find your gods with shall not live. Before our relatives, discern what is yours with me, and take it." For Jacob didn't know that Rachel had stolen them.
Genesis 46:28 He sent Judah before him to Joseph, to show the way before him to Goshen, and they came into the land of Goshen.
Exodus 18:26 And they were judges in the causes of the people at all times: the hard questions they put before Moses; but on every small point they gave decisions themselves.
Exodus 29:20 You are to put the sheep to death, and take some of its blood and put it on the point of Aaron's right ear, and of the right ears of his sons, and on the thumbs of their right hands and the great toes of their right feet, dropping the rest of the blood on the sides of the altar.
Leviticus 8:23 And he put it to death; and Moses took some of the blood and put it on the point of Aaron's right ear and on the thumb of his right hand and on the great toe of his right foot.
Leviticus 8:24 Then he took Aaron's sons, and Moses put some of the blood on the point of their right ears and on the thumbs of their right hands and on the great toes of their right feet: and Moses put the blood on and round the altar.
Leviticus 14:14 And let the priest take some of the blood of the offering for wrongdoing and put it on the point of the right ear of him who is to be made clean, and on the thumb of his right hand and on the great toe of his right foot;
Leviticus 14:25 And he will put to death the lamb of the offering for wrongdoing and the priest will take some of the blood of the offering for wrongdoing and put it on the point of the right ear of him who is to be made clean, and on the thumb of his right hand and on the great toe of his right foot;
Leviticus 14:28 And the priest will put some of the oil which is in his hand on the point of the ear of the man who is to be made clean and on the thumb of his right hand and on the great toe of his right foot, on the place where the blood of the offering for wrongdoing was put;
Numbers 34:7 And this shall be your north border: from the great sea ye shall point out for you mount Hor:
Numbers 34:8 From mount Hor ye shall point out your border unto the entrance of Hamath; and the goings forth of the border shall be to Zedad:
Numbers 34:9 And the limit will go on to Ziphron, with its farthest point at Hazar-enan: this will be your limit on the north.
Numbers 34:10 And ye shall point out your east border from Hazarenan to Shepham:
Deuteronomy 20:2 And when you are on the point of attacking, let the priest come forward and say to the people,
Joshua 15:1 Now the part of the land marked out for the children of Judah by families, went up to the edge of Edom, as far as the waste land of Zin to the south, to the farthest point of it on the south.
Joshua 15:8 Then the line goes up by the valley of the son of Hinnom to the south side of the Jebusite (which is Jerusalem): then up to the top of the mountain in front of the valley of Hinnom to the west, which is at the farthest point of the valley of Rephaim on the north:
Joshua 18:15 And the south part is from the farthest point of Kiriath-jearim, and the line goes out to the west to the fountain of the waters of Nephtoah:
Judges 3:25 They waited until they were ashamed; and behold, he didn't open the doors of the upper room: therefore they took the key, and opened them, and behold, their lord was fallen down dead on the earth.
1 Samuel 7:11 The men of Israel went out of Mizpah, and pursued the Philistines, and struck them, until they came under Beth Kar.
1 Samuel 17:7 The staff of his spear was like a weaver's beam; and his spear's head weighed six hundred shekels of iron: and his shield bearer went before him.
2 Samuel 13:2 Amnon was so troubled that he fell sick because of his sister Tamar; for she was a virgin; and it seemed hard to Amnon to do anything to her.
2 Samuel 15:37 So Hushai, David's friend, came into the city; and Absalom came into Jerusalem.
2 Kings 19:3 They said to him, "Thus says Hezekiah,'This day is a day of trouble, of rebuke, and of rejection; for the children have come to the point of birth, and there is no strength to deliver them.
2 Kings 20:1 In those days was Hezekiah sick to death. Isaiah the prophet the son of Amoz came to him, and said to him, "Thus says Yahweh,'Set your house in order; for you shall die, and not live.'"
2 Kings 24:20 For through the anger of Yahweh did it happen in Jerusalem and Judah, until he had cast them out from his presence. Zedekiah rebelled against the king of Babylon.
1 Chronicles 5:9 And to the east his limits went as far as the starting point of the waste land, ending at the river Euphrates, because their cattle were increased in number in the land of Gilead.
2 Chronicles 32:24 In those days hath Hezekiah been sick even unto death, and he prayeth unto Jehovah, and He speaketh to him, and a wonder hath appointed for him;
Ezra 9:14 shall we again break your commandments, and join in affinity with the peoples that do these abominations? wouldn't you be angry with us until you had consumed us, so that there should be no remnant, nor any to escape?
Nehemiah 3:16 After him repaired Nehemiah the son of Azbuk, the ruler of half the district of Beth Zur, to the place over against the tombs of David, and to the pool that was made, and to the house of the mighty men.
Nehemiah 3:19 Next to him repaired Ezer the son of Jeshua, the ruler of Mizpah, another portion, over against the ascent to the armory at the turning of the wall.
Nehemiah 3:26 (Now the Nethinim lived in Ophel, to the place over against the water gate toward the east, and the tower that stands out.)
Job 20:25 He draws it forth, and it comes out of his body. Yes, the glittering point comes out of his liver. Terrors are on him.
Job 39:23 The bow is sounding against him; he sees the shining point of spear and arrow.
Job 39:28 On the cliff he dwells, and makes his home, on the point of the cliff, and the stronghold.
Psalms 62:3 How long will you go on designing evil against a man? running against him as against a broken wall, which is on the point of falling?
Psalms 88:15 I am afflicted and ready to die from my youth up: While I suffer thy terrors I am distracted.
Proverbs 5:14 I was in almost all evil in the company of the people.
Proverbs 9:3 She has sent out her women-servants; her voice goes out to the highest places of the town, saying,
Proverbs 9:14 Seated at the door of her house, in the high places of the town,
Isaiah 37:3 And they said to him, Hezekiah says, This day is a day of trouble and punishment and shame: for the children are ready to come to birth, but there is no strength to give birth to them.
Isaiah 38:1 In those days Hezekiah was ill and near death. And Isaiah the prophet, the son of Amoz, came to him, and said to him, The Lord says, Put your house in order; for your death is near.
Isaiah 66:9 Will I by whom the birth was started, not make it complete? says the Lord. Will I who make children come to birth, let them be kept back? says your God.
LinksBible Concordance • Bible Dictionary • Bible Encyclopedia • Topical Bible • Bible Thesuarus