Peter followed Him at a distance, right into the courtyard of the high priest. And he sat with the officers to warm himself by the fire.
Cross ReferencesMatthew 26:3
At that time, the chief priests and elders of the people assembled in the courtyard of the high priest, whose name was Caiaphas,
While Peter was in the courtyard below, one of the high priest's servant girls came down
and saw him warming himself there. She looked at Peter and said, "You also were with Jesus the Nazarene."
But he denied it. "I do not know or even understand what you are talking about," he said. Then he went out to the gateway, and the rooster crowed.
Then they seized Jesus, led Him away, and took Him into the house of the high priest. And Peter followed at a distance.
Now Simon Peter and another disciple were following Jesus. Since that disciple was known to the high priest, he also went with Jesus into the courtyard of the high priest.
Because it was cold, the servants and officers were standing around a charcoal fire they had made to keep warm. And Peter was also standing with them, warming himself.
Chapter Outline1. A conspiracy against Jesus.
3. Expensive perfume is poured on his head by a woman.
10. Judas sells his Master for money.
12. Jesus himself foretells how he will be betrayed by one of his disciples;
22. after the passover prepared, and eaten, institutes his last supper;
26. declares beforehand the flight of all his disciples, and Peter's denial.
43. Judas betrays him with a kiss.
46. Jesus is apprehended in the garden;
53. falsely accused and impiously condemned of the council;
65. shamefully abused by them;
66. and thrice denied by Peter.
Jump to PreviousAfar Captains Chief Court Distance Far Fire Follow Followed Guards Hall High House Inside Jesus Light Officers Outer Palace Peter Priest Priest's Right Sat Seated Servants Sitting Warmed Warming Within
Jump to NextAfar Captains Chief Court Distance Far Fire Follow Followed Guards Hall High House Inside Jesus Light Officers Outer Palace Peter Priest Priest's Right Sat Seated Servants Sitting Warmed Warming Within
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
Mark 14:29-31, 38
1 Samuel 13:7
John 18:15, 16
1 Kings 19:9, 13
Luke 22:55, 56
John 18:18, 25
LinksMark 14:54 NIV
Mark 14:54 NLT
Mark 14:54 ESV
Mark 14:54 NASB
Mark 14:54 KJV
Mark 14:54 Bible Apps
Mark 14:54 Parallel
Mark 14:54 Biblia Paralela
Mark 14:54 Chinese Bible
Mark 14:54 French Bible
Mark 14:54 German Bible
Mark 14:54 Commentaries