For who is greater, the one who reclines at the table or the one who serves? Is it not the one who reclines? But I am among you as the One who serves.
Cross ReferencesMatthew 20:28
just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many."
Blessed are those servants whom the master finds on watch when he returns. Truly I tell you, he will dress himself to serve and will have them recline at the table, and he himself will come and wait on them.
When Jesus had washed their feet and put on His outer garments, He reclined with them again and asked, "Do you know what I have done for you?
Chapter Outline1. The leaders conspire against Jesus.
3. Satan prepares Judas to betray him.
7. The apostles prepare the Passover.
19. Jesus institutes his holy supper;
21. covertly foretells of the traitor;
24. rebukes the rest of his apostles from ambition;
31. assures Peter his faith should not fail;
34. and yet he should deny him thrice.
39. He prays in the mount, and sweats blood;
47. is betrayed with a kiss;
50. he heals Malchus' ear;
54. he is thrice denied by Peter;
63. shamefully abused;
66. and confesses himself to be the Son of God.
Jump to PreviousGreater Guest Meal Meat Midst Ministering Others Position Reclining Seated Servant Serves Serveth Sits Sitteth Table Waiting Waits Whether
Jump to NextGreater Guest Meal Meat Midst Ministering Others Position Reclining Seated Servant Serves Serveth Sits Sitteth Table Waiting Waits Whether
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
2 Corinthians 8:9
Philippians 2:7, 8
LinksLuke 22:27 NIV
Luke 22:27 NLT
Luke 22:27 ESV
Luke 22:27 NASB
Luke 22:27 KJV
Luke 22:27 Bible Apps
Luke 22:27 Parallel
Luke 22:27 Biblia Paralela
Luke 22:27 Chinese Bible
Luke 22:27 French Bible
Luke 22:27 German Bible
Luke 22:27 Commentaries