Now Simon of Cyrene, the father of Alexander and Rufus, was passing by on his way in from the country, and the soldiers forced him to carry the cross of Jesus.
Cross ReferencesMatthew 27:32
Along the way they found a man from Cyrene, named Simon, and they forced him to carry the cross of Jesus.
After they had mocked Him, they removed the purple robe and put His own clothes back on Him. Then they led Him out to crucify Him.
As the soldiers led Him away, they seized Simon of Cyrene on his way in from the country, and put the cross on him to carry behind Jesus.
Carrying His own cross, He went out to The Place of the Skull, which in Aramaic is called Golgotha.
Greet Rufus, chosen in the Lord, and his mother, who has been a mother to me as well.
Chapter Outline1. Jesus brought bound, and accused before Pilate.
6. Upon the clamor of the people, the murderer Barabbas is released,
12. and Jesus delivered up to be crucified.
16. He is crowned with thorns, spit on, and mocked;
21. faints in bearing his cross;
27. hangs between two thieves;
29. suffers the triumphing reproaches of the crowd;
39. but is confessed by the centurion to be the Son of God;
42. and is honorably buried by Joseph.
Jump to PreviousAlexander Bear Carry Compel Compelled Constrain Country Cross Cyrenaean Cyrene Cyre'ne Cyrenian Impress Passed Passer-By Passing Pressed Rufus Service Simon Way
Jump to NextAlexander Bear Carry Compel Compelled Constrain Country Cross Cyrenaean Cyrene Cyre'ne Cyrenian Impress Passed Passer-By Passing Pressed Rufus Service Simon Way
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
LinksMark 15:21 NIV
Mark 15:21 NLT
Mark 15:21 ESV
Mark 15:21 NASB
Mark 15:21 KJV
Mark 15:21 Bible Apps
Mark 15:21 Parallel
Mark 15:21 Biblia Paralela
Mark 15:21 Chinese Bible
Mark 15:21 French Bible
Mark 15:21 German Bible
Mark 15:21 Commentaries