Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary1. (imp. & p. p.) of Split.
2. (v. t.) To divide lengthwise; to separate from end to end, esp. by force; to divide in the direction of the grain layers; to rive; to cleave; as, to split a piece of timber or a board; to split a gem; to split a sheepskin.
3. (v. t.) To burst; to rupture; to rend; to tear asunder.
4. (v. t.) To divide or break up into parts or divisions, as by discord; to separate into parts or parties, as a political party; to disunite.
5. (v. t.) To divide or separate into components; -- often used with up; as, to split up sugar into alcohol and carbonic acid.
6. (v. i.) To part asunder; to be rent; to burst; as, vessels split by the freezing of water in them.
7. (v. i.) To be broken; to be dashed to pieces.
8. (v. i.) To separate into parties or factions.
9. (v. i.) To burst with laughter.
10. (v. i.) To divulge a secret; to betray confidence; to peach.
11. (v. i.) to divide one hand of blackjack into two hands, allowed when the first two cards dealt to a player have the same value.
12. (n.) A crack, or longitudinal fissure.
13. (n.) A breach or separation, as in a political party; a division.
14. (n.) A piece that is split off, or made thin, by splitting; a splinter; a fragment.
15. (n.) Specif (Leather Manuf.), one of the sections of a skin made by dividing it into two or more thicknesses.
16. (n.) A division of a stake happening when two cards of the kind on which the stake is laid are dealt in the same turn.
17. (n.) the substitution of more than one share of a corporation's stock for one share. The market price of the stock usually drops in proportion to the increase in outstanding shares of stock. The split may be in any ratio, as a two-for-one split; a three-for-two split.
18. (n.) the division by a player of one hand of blackjack into two hands, allowed when the first two cards dealt to a player have the same value; the player is usually obliged to increase the amount wagered by placing a sum equal to the original bet on the new hand thus created.
19. (a.) Divided; cleft.
Greek4977. schizo -- to cleave, split
... to cleave, split. Part of Speech: Verb Transliteration: schizo Phonetic Spelling:
(skhid'-zo) Short Definition: I rend, divide asunder Definition: I rend ...
//strongsnumbers.com/greek2/4977.htm - 6k
4978. schisma -- a split, fig. division
1096. ginomai -- to come into being, to happen, to become
1282. diaprio -- to saw asunder, cut to the heart
823. atomos -- uncut, indivisible, (an indivisible) moment (of ...
673. apochorizo -- to separate, part asunder
1374. dipsuchos -- of two minds, wavering
Strong's Hebrew6480. patsam -- to split open
... to split open. Transliteration: patsam Phonetic Spelling: (paw-tsam') Short Definition:
open. ... root Definition to split open NASB Word Usage split it open (1). ...
/hebrew/6480.htm - 5k
6565b. parar -- to split, divide
6385. palag -- to split, divide
8156. shasa -- to divide, cleave
1234. baqa -- to cleave, break open or through
8182. shoar -- horrid, disgusting
2672. chatsab -- to hew, hew out, cleave
1237. biqah -- a valley, plain
6536. paras -- to break in two, divide
7167. qara -- to tear
How to Split a Kingdom
The Welter, 1415-1434.
The Power that Never Fails.
Rhodo and his Account of the Dissension of Marcion.
A Letter from a West Indian Cottage Ornee
The Conservative Reaction, and the Liberal victory --
There is a Definite Moment at which the Seed is Ripe...
Expositions of Holy Scripture
The First Chaldaean Empire and the Hyksos in Egypt
A Question for a Questioner
ThesaurusSplit (36 Occurrences)
... Noah Webster's Dictionary 1. (imp. & pp) of Split. 2. (vt) To divide
lengthwise; to separate from end to end, esp. by force; to ...
/s/split.htm - 19k
Split-open (1 Occurrence)
Hoofs (18 Occurrences)
Quite (55 Occurrences)
Cleft (15 Occurrences)
Splinter (5 Occurrences)
Rend (35 Occurrences)
Pig (4 Occurrences)
Parties (13 Occurrences)
Cud (9 Occurrences)
Bible ConcordanceSplit (36 Occurrences)
Matthew 9:17 Nor do people pour new wine into old wineskins. Otherwise, the skins would split, the wine would escape, and the skins be destroyed. But they put new wine into fresh skins, and both are saved."
Matthew 27:51 Behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from the top to the bottom. The earth quaked and the rocks were split.
Luke 12:52 For from this time there will be in one house five persons split into parties. Three will form a party against two and two will form a party against three;
Acts 14:4 At length the people of the city split into parties, some siding with the Jews and some with the Apostles.
Revelation 6:14 The sky was removed like a scroll when it is rolled up. Every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
Revelation 16:19 The great city was split into three parts; the cities of the nations fell; and great Babylon came into remembrance before God, for Him to make her drink from the wine-cup of His fierce anger.
Genesis 22:3 Abraham rose early in the morning, and saddled his donkey, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son. He split the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went to the place of which God had told him.
Leviticus 1:17 and he shall split it open at its wings, but shall not divide it asunder; and the priest shall burn it on the altar on the wood that is on the fire: it is a burnt-offering, an offering by fire to Jehovah of a sweet odour.
Leviticus 11:3 Whatever hath cloven hoofs, and feet quite split open, and cheweth the cud, among the beasts that shall ye eat.
Leviticus 11:4 "'Nevertheless these you shall not eat of those that chew the cud, or of those who part the hoof: the camel, because he chews the cud but doesn't have a parted hoof, he is unclean to you.
Leviticus 11:5 The coney, because he chews the cud but doesn't have a parted hoof, he is unclean to you.
Leviticus 11:6 The hare, because she chews the cud but doesn't part the hoof, she is unclean to you.
Leviticus 11:7 The pig, because he has a split hoof, and is cloven-footed, but doesn't chew the cud, he is unclean to you.
Leviticus 11:26 Every beast that hath cloven hoofs, but not feet quite split open, nor cheweth the cud, shall be unclean unto you: every one that toucheth them shall be unclean.
Numbers 16:31 It happened, as he made an end of speaking all these words, that the ground split apart that was under them;
Deuteronomy 14:6 And every beast that hath cloven hoofs, and the feet quite split open into double hoofs, and which cheweth the cud, among the beasts, that ye shall eat.
Deuteronomy 14:7 Only these ye shall not eat of those that chew the cud, or of those with hoofs cloven and split open: the camel, and the hare, and the rock-badger; for they chew the cud, but have not cloven hoofs they shall be unclean unto you;
Deuteronomy 14:8 The pig, because it has a split hoof but doesn't chew the cud, is unclean to you: of their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall not touch.
Judges 15:19 But God split the hollow place that is in Lehi, and water came out of it. When he had drunk, his spirit came again, and he revived: therefore its name was called En Hakkore, which is in Lehi, to this day.
1 Samuel 6:14 The cart came into the field of Joshua of Beth Shemesh, and stood there, where there was a great stone: and they split the wood of the cart, and offered up the cows for a burnt offering to Yahweh.
2 Samuel 14:14 For we must die, and are as water split on the ground, which can't be gathered up again; neither does God take away life, but devises means, that he who is banished not be an outcast from him.
1 Kings 1:40 All the people came up after him, and the people piped with pipes, and rejoiced with great joy, so that the earth shook with the sound of them.
1 Kings 13:3 He gave a sign the same day, saying, "This is the sign which Yahweh has spoken: Behold, the altar will be split apart, and the ashes that are on it will be poured out."
1 Kings 13:5 The altar also was split apart, and the ashes poured out from the altar, according to the sign which the man of God had given by the word of Yahweh.
Psalms 60:2 You have made the land tremble. You have torn it. Mend its fractures, for it quakes.
Psalms 78:13 He split the sea, and caused them to pass through. He made the waters stand as a heap.
Psalms 78:15 He split rocks in the wilderness, and gave them drink abundantly as out of the depths.
Proverbs 7:23 Till an arrow doth split his liver, As a bird hath hastened unto a snare, And hath not known that it 'is' for its life.
Song of Songs 4:3 Thy lips are like a thread of scarlet, And thy mouth is comely. Thy temples are like a piece of a pomegranate Behind thy veil.
Song of Songs 6:7 Thy temples are like a piece of a pomegranate Behind thy veil.
Isaiah 11:15 Yahweh will utterly destroy the tongue of the Egyptian sea; and with his scorching wind he will wave his hand over the River, and will split it into seven streams, and cause men to march over in sandals.
Isaiah 24:19 The earth is completely broken, it is parted in two, it is violently moved.
Isaiah 48:21 They didn't thirst when he led them through the deserts; he caused the waters to flow out of the rock for them; he split the rock also, and the waters gushed out.
Micah 1:4 The mountains melt under him, and the valleys split apart, like wax before the fire, like waters that are poured down a steep place.
Habakkuk 3:9 You uncovered your bow. You called for your sworn arrows. Selah. You split the earth with rivers.
Zechariah 14:4 His feet will stand in that day on the Mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east; and the Mount of Olives will be split in two, from east to west, making a very great valley. Half of the mountain will move toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
LinksBible Concordance • Bible Dictionary • Bible Encyclopedia • Topical Bible • Bible Thesuarus