Greek4563. saroo -- to sweep
... to sweep. Part of Speech: Verb Transliteration: saroo Phonetic Spelling:
(sar-o'-o) Short Definition: I sweep Definition: I sweep, cleanse by sweeping. ...
//strongsnumbers.com/greek2/4563.htm - 6k
3511. neokoros -- a temple keeper
Strong's Hebrew2894. tu -- to sweep
... tu or tete. 2895 . to sweep. Transliteration: tu or tete Phonetic Spelling: (too)
Short Definition: sweep. ... root Definition to sweep NASB Word Usage sweep (1). ...
/hebrew/2894.htm - 5k
3261. yaah -- to sweep together
1640. garaph -- to sweep away
5595. saphah -- to sweep or snatch away, catch up
8175a. saar -- to sweep or whirl away
8192. shaphah -- to sweep bare
8175. sa'ar -- to sweep or whirl away
1197a. baar -- to burn, consume
5502. sachaph -- prostrate
7462a. raah -- to pasture, tend, graze
Lot's Escape from a Wicked City
Letter vi. Associates and Friends.
SM Graham. God with us on the Deep.
The Greatest Prayer.
The Memories of Home. [A]
And as She Stood Looking Towards London, Diamond Saw that She was ...
The Noachic Covenant
The Lost Coin.
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary1. (v. i.) To pass a broom across (a surface) so as to remove loose dirt, dust, etc.; to brush, or rub over, with a broom for the purpose of cleaning; as, to sweep a floor, the street, or a chimney. Used also figuratively.
2. (v. i.) To drive or carry along or off with a broom or a brush, or as if with a broom; to remove by, or as if by, brushing; as, to sweep dirt from a floor; the wind sweeps the snow from the hills; a freshet sweeps away a dam, timber, or rubbish; a pestilence sweeps off multitudes.
3. (v. i.) To brush against or over; to rub lightly along.
4. (v. i.) To carry with a long, swinging, or dragging motion; hence, to carry in a stately or proud fashion.
5. (v. i.) To strike with a long stroke.
6. (v. i.) To draw or drag something over; as, to sweep the bottom of a river with a net.
7. (v. i.) To pass over, or traverse, with the eye or with an instrument of observation; as, to sweep the heavens with a telescope.
8. (v. i.) To clean rooms, yards, etc., or to clear away dust, dirt, litter, etc., with a broom, brush, or the like.
9. (v. i.) To brush swiftly over the surface of anything; to pass with swiftness and force, as if brushing the surface of anything; to move in a stately manner; as, the wind sweeps across the plain; a woman sweeps through a drawing-room.
10. (v. i.) To pass over anything comprehensively; to range through with rapidity; as, his eye sweeps through space.
11. (n.) The act of sweeping.
12. (n.) The compass or range of a stroke; as, a long sweep.
13. (n.) The compass of any turning body or of any motion; as, the sweep of a door; the sweep of the eye.
14. (n.) The compass of anything flowing or brushing; as, the flood carried away everything within its sweep.
15. (n.) Violent and general destruction; as, the sweep of an epidemic disease.
16. (n.) Direction and extent of any motion not rectilinear; as, the sweep of a compass.
17. (n.) Direction or departure of a curve, a road, an arch, or the like, away from a rectilinear line.
18. (n.) One who sweeps; a sweeper; specifically, a chimney sweeper.
19. (n.) A movable template for making molds, in loam molding.
20. (n.) The mold of a ship when she begins to curve in at the rung heads; any part of a ship shaped in a segment of a circle.
21. (n.) A large oar used in small vessels, partly to propel them and partly to steer them.
22. (n.) The almond furnace.
23. (n.) A long pole, or piece of timber, moved on a horizontal fulcrum fixed to a tall post and used to raise and lower a bucket in a well for drawing water.
24. (n.) In the game of casino, a pairing or combining of all the cards on the board, and so removing them all; in whist, the winning of all the tricks (thirteen) in a hand; a slam.
ThesaurusSweep (34 Occurrences)
... To pass a broom across (a surface) so as to remove loose dirt, dust, etc.; to brush,
or rub over, with a broom for the purpose of cleaning; as, to sweep a floor ...
/s/sweep.htm - 19k
Besom (1 Occurrence)
Swept (43 Occurrences)
Urinates (6 Occurrences)
Overwhelm (18 Occurrences)
Man-child (11 Occurrences)
Broom (5 Occurrences)
Crane (2 Occurrences)
Sweepeth (3 Occurrences)
Soup (10 Occurrences)
Bible ConcordanceSweep (34 Occurrences)
Luke 15:8 Or what woman, if she had ten drachma coins, if she lost one drachma coin, wouldn't light a lamp, sweep the house, and seek diligently until she found it?
2 Thessalonians 2:8 and then the Lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will sweep away with the tempest of His anger, and utterly overwhelm by the awful splendour of His Coming.
Revelation 12:15 The serpent spewed water out of his mouth after the woman like a river, that he might cause her to be carried away by the stream.
Genesis 18:23 And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou consume the righteous with the wicked?
Genesis 18:24 Peradventure there are fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou consume and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?
1 Kings 14:10 therefore, behold, I will bring evil on the house of Jeroboam, and will cut off from Jeroboam everyone who urinates on a wall, he who is shut up and he who is left at large in Israel, and will utterly sweep away the house of Jeroboam, as a man sweeps away dung, until it is all gone.
1 Kings 16:3 behold, I will utterly sweep away Baasha and his house; and I will make your house like the house of Jeroboam the son of Nebat.
1 Kings 21:21 Behold, I will bring evil on you, and will utterly sweep you away and will cut off from Ahab everyone who urinates against a wall, and him who is shut up and him who is left at large in Israel.
Psalms 26:9 Don't gather my soul with sinners, nor my life with bloodthirsty men;
Psalms 40:14 Let them be put to shame and confounded together That seek after my soul to destroy it: Let them be turned backward and brought to dishonor That delight in my hurt.
Psalms 58:9 Before your pots can feel the heat of the thorns, he will sweep away the green and the burning alike.
Psalms 69:15 Don't let the flood waters overwhelm me, neither let the deep swallow me up. Don't let the pit shut its mouth on me.
Psalms 90:5 You sweep them away as they sleep. In the morning they sprout like new grass.
Proverbs 21:7 The violence of the wicked shall sweep them away, Because they refuse to do justice.
Isaiah 7:20 In that day will the Lord shave with a razor that is hired in the parts beyond the River, even with the king of Assyria, the head and the hair of the feet; and it shall also consume the beard.
Isaiah 8:8 It will sweep onward into Judah. It will overflow and pass through; it will reach even to the neck; and the stretching out of its wings will fill the breadth of your land, Immanuel.
Isaiah 11:15 And the Lord will make the tongue of the Egyptian sea completely dry; and with his burning wind his hand will be stretched out over the River, and it will be parted into seven streams, so that men may go over it with dry feet.
Isaiah 14:23 "I will also make it a possession for the porcupine, and pools of water. I will sweep it with the broom of destruction," says Yahweh of Armies.
Isaiah 21:1 The burden of the wilderness of the sea. As whirlwinds in the South sweep through, it comes from the wilderness, from an awesome land.
Isaiah 28:17 I will make justice the measuring line, and righteousness the plumb line. The hail will sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters will overflow the hiding place.
Isaiah 28:19 Whenever they come through they will overtake you; for they will come through morning after morning, by day and by night: and the news will be nothing but fear.
Isaiah 43:2 When you go through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they will not go over you: when you go through the fire, you will not be burned; and the flame will have no power over you.
Isaiah 64:6 And there is no one who makes prayer to your name, or who is moved to keep true to you: for your face is veiled from us, and you have given us into the power of our sins.
Jeremiah 22:22 The wind shall feed all your shepherds, and your lovers shall go into captivity: surely then you will be ashamed and confounded for all your wickedness.
Ezekiel 5:17 and I will send on you famine and evil animals, and they shall bereave you; and pestilence and blood shall pass through you; and I will bring the sword on you: I, Yahweh, have spoken it.
Daniel 11:10 His sons shall war, and shall assemble a multitude of great forces, which shall come on, and overflow, and pass through; and they shall return and war, even to his fortress.
Daniel 11:40 At the time of the end shall the king of the south contend with him; and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass through.
Daniel 11:44 But news out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him; and he shall go forth with great fury to destroy and utterly to sweep away many.
Hosea 4:19 The wind has wrapped her up in its wings; and they shall be disappointed because of their sacrifices.
Amos 5:6 Seek Yahweh, and you will live; lest he break out like fire in the house of Joseph, and it devour, and there be no one to quench it in Bethel.
Habakkuk 1:6 For, behold, I raise up the Chaldeans, that bitter and hasty nation, that march through the breadth of the earth, to possess dwelling places that are not theirs.
Habakkuk 1:11 Then he sweeps by like the wind, and goes on. He is indeed guilty, whose strength is his god."
Zephaniah 1:2 I will utterly sweep away everything off of the surface of the earth, says Yahweh.
Zephaniah 1:3 I will sweep away man and animal. I will sweep away the birds of the sky, the fish of the sea, and the heaps of rubble with the wicked. I will cut off man from the surface of the earth, says Yahweh.
LinksBible Concordance • Bible Dictionary • Bible Encyclopedia • Topical Bible • Bible Thesuarus