What does it profit a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?
Cross ReferencesMatthew 16:26
What will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?
For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and for the gospel will save it.
Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?
Chapter Outline1. Jesus feeds the people miraculously;
10. refuses to give a sign to the Pharisees;
14. admonishes his disciples to beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Herod;
22. gives a blind man his sight;
27. acknowledges that he is the Jesus who should suffer and rise again;
34. and exhorts to patience in persecution for the profession of the gospel.
Jump to PreviousBenefit Forfeit Gain Gets Good Life Profit Soul Suffer Whole World
Jump to NextBenefit Forfeit Gain Gets Good Life Profit Soul Suffer Whole World
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
Luke 12:19, 20
Revelation 18:7, 8
LinksMark 8:36 NIV
Mark 8:36 NLT
Mark 8:36 ESV
Mark 8:36 NASB
Mark 8:36 KJV
Mark 8:36 Bible Apps
Mark 8:36 Parallel
Mark 8:36 Biblia Paralela
Mark 8:36 Chinese Bible
Mark 8:36 French Bible
Mark 8:36 German Bible
Mark 8:36 Commentaries