So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."
Cross ReferencesMalachi 2:16
"For I hate divorce," says the LORD, the God of Israel, "and I hate when a man covers himself and his garment with violence," says the LORD of Hosts. Therefore guard yourselves in your spirit and do not break faith.
and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'?
"Why then," they asked, "did Moses order a man to give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?"
Chapter Outline1. Jesus heals the sick;
3. answers the Pharisees concerning divorce;
10. shows when marriage is necessary;
13. receives the little children;
16. instructs the young man how to attain eternal life;
20. and how to be perfect;
23. tells his disciples how hard it is for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God;
27. and promises reward to those who forsake all to follow him.
Jump to PreviousApart Asunder Flesh Join Joined Longer Separate Tear Together Twain Wherefore
Jump to NextApart Asunder Flesh Join Joined Longer Separate Tear Together Twain Wherefore
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
1 Corinthians 7:10-14
LinksMatthew 19:6 NIV
Matthew 19:6 NLT
Matthew 19:6 ESV
Matthew 19:6 NASB
Matthew 19:6 KJV
Matthew 19:6 Bible Apps
Matthew 19:6 Parallel
Matthew 19:6 Biblia Paralela
Matthew 19:6 Chinese Bible
Matthew 19:6 French Bible
Matthew 19:6 German Bible
Matthew 19:6 Commentaries