Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool. What kind of house will you build for Me, says the Lord, or where will My place of repose be?
Cross References1 Kings 8:27
But will God indeed dwell upon the earth? Even heaven, the highest heaven, cannot contain You, much less this temple I have built.
2 Chronicles 6:18
But will God indeed dwell with man upon the earth? Even heaven, the highest heaven, cannot contain You, much less this temple I have built.
This is what the LORD says: "Heaven is My throne, and earth is My footstool. What kind of house will you build for Me? Or where will be My place of repose?
But I tell you not to swear at all: either by heaven, for it is God's throne;
or by the earth, for it is His footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King.
Chapter Outline1. Stephen, permitted to answer to the accusation of blasphemy,
2. shows that Abraham worshipped God rightly, and how God chose the fathers,
20. before Moses was born, and before the tabernacle and temple were built;
37. that Moses himself witnessed of Christ;
44. and that all outward ceremonies were ordained to last but for a time;
51. reprehending their rebellion, and murdering of Christ, whom the prophets foretold.
54. Whereupon they stone Stephen to death,
59. who commends his soul to Jesus, and humbly prays for them.
Jump to PreviousBuild Earth Feet Footstool Heaven House Kind Manner Power Repose Rest Resting Resting-Place Seat Sky Sort Throne
Jump to NextBuild Earth Feet Footstool Heaven House Kind Manner Power Repose Rest Resting Resting-Place Seat Sky Sort Throne
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
1 Kings 22:19
Matthew 5:34, 35
LinksActs 7:49 NIV
Acts 7:49 NLT
Acts 7:49 ESV
Acts 7:49 NASB
Acts 7:49 KJV
Acts 7:49 Bible Apps
Acts 7:49 Parallel
Acts 7:49 Biblia Paralela
Acts 7:49 Chinese Bible
Acts 7:49 French Bible
Acts 7:49 German Bible
Acts 7:49 Commentaries