Then he said, "Go among the troops and tell them, 'Each man must bring me his ox or his sheep, slaughter them in this place, and then eat. Do not sin against the LORD by eating meat with the blood still in it.'" So that night everyone brought his ox and slaughtered it there.
Cross ReferencesGenesis 9:4
But you must not eat meat with its lifeblood still in it.
1 Samuel 14:33
Then someone reported to Saul: "Look, the troops are sinning against the LORD by eating meat with the blood still in it." "You have broken faith," said Saul. "Roll a large stone over here at once."
1 Samuel 14:35
Then Saul built an altar to the LORD; it was the first time he had built an altar to the LORD.
Chapter Outline1. Jonathan goes and miraculously smites the Philistine's garrison
15. A divine terror makes them beat themselves
17. Saul, not staying the priest's answer, sets on them
21. The captivated Hebrews, and the hidden Israelites, join against them.
24. Saul's unadvised adjuration hinders the victory
31. He restrains the people from eating blood
35. He builds an altar
37. Jonathan, taken by lot, is save by the people
47. Saul's victories, strength, and family
Jump to PreviousBlood Disperse Eat Eating Hither Kill Killed Night Ox Saul Sheep Sin Slay Slew Yourselves
Jump to NextBlood Disperse Eat Eating Hither Kill Killed Night Ox Saul Sheep Sin Slay Slew Yourselves