Jesus replied, "Have you not read what David did when he and his companions were hungry?
Cross References1 Samuel 21:6
So the priest gave him the consecrated bread, since there was no bread there but the bread of the Presence, which had been removed from before the LORD and replaced with hot bread on the day it was taken away.
When the Pharisees saw this, they said to Him, "Look, Your disciples are doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath."
He entered the house of God, and he and his companions ate the consecrated bread, which was not lawful for them to eat, but only for the priests.
Chapter Outline1. Jesus reproves the blindness of the Pharisees concerning the Sabbath,
3. by scripture,
9. by reason,
13. and by a miracle.
22. He heals a man possessed that was blind and mute;
24. and confronting the absurd charge of casting out demons by Beelzebub,
32. he shows that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall never be forgiven.
36. Account shall be made of idle words.
38. He rebukes the unfaithful, who seek after a sign,
46. and shows who is his brother, sister, and mother.
Jump to PreviousCompanions David Food Hungred Hungry Need Read
Jump to NextCompanions David Food Hungred Hungry Need Read
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
Mark 12:10, 26
1 Samuel 21:3-6
Mark 2:25, 26
LinksMatthew 12:3 NIV
Matthew 12:3 NLT
Matthew 12:3 ESV
Matthew 12:3 NASB
Matthew 12:3 KJV
Matthew 12:3 Bible Apps
Matthew 12:3 Parallel
Matthew 12:3 Biblia Paralela
Matthew 12:3 Chinese Bible
Matthew 12:3 French Bible
Matthew 12:3 German Bible
Matthew 12:3 Commentaries