They answered, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others say You are one of the prophets."
Cross ReferencesMark 6:14
Now King Herod heard about this, for Jesus' name had become well known, and people were saying, "John the Baptist has risen from the dead! That is why miraculous powers are at work in him."
Others said, "He is Elijah," and still others, "He is a prophet, like one of the prophets of old."
When Herod the Tetrarch heard about all that was happening, he was perplexed. For some were saying that John had risen from the dead,
others that Elijah had appeared, and still others that a prophet of old had arisen.
Chapter Outline1. Jesus feeds the people miraculously;
10. refuses to give a sign to the Pharisees;
14. admonishes his disciples to beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Herod;
22. gives a blind man his sight;
27. acknowledges that he is the Jesus who should suffer and rise again;
34. and exhorts to patience in persecution for the profession of the gospel.
Jump to PreviousBaptist Baptizer Elias Elijah Eli'jah John Others Prophets
Jump to NextBaptist Baptizer Elias Elijah Eli'jah John Others Prophets
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
LinksMark 8:28 NIV
Mark 8:28 NLT
Mark 8:28 ESV
Mark 8:28 NASB
Mark 8:28 KJV
Mark 8:28 Bible Apps
Mark 8:28 Parallel
Mark 8:28 Biblia Paralela
Mark 8:28 Chinese Bible
Mark 8:28 French Bible
Mark 8:28 German Bible
Mark 8:28 Commentaries