They seized Peter and John, and because it was already evening, they put them in custody until the next day.
Chapter Outline1. The rulers of the Jews, offended with Peter's sermon,
3. imprison him and John.
5. After, upon examination
8. Peter boldly avouching the lame man to be healed by the name of Jesus,
11. and that only by the same Jesus we must be eternally saved,
13. they threaten him and John to preach no more in that name,
23. whereupon the church flees to prayer.
31. And God, by moving the place where they were assembled, testifies that he heard their prayer;
34. confirming the church with the gift of the Holy Spirit, and with mutual love and charity.
Jump to PreviousAlready Apostles Arrested Custody Evening Eventide Hands Hold Jail John Laid Morning Morrow Peter Prison Seized Ward
Jump to NextAlready Apostles Arrested Custody Evening Eventide Hands Hold Jail John Laid Morning Morrow Peter Prison Seized Ward
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
Matthew 10:16, 17
Luke 22:52, 54
LinksActs 4:3 NIV
Acts 4:3 NLT
Acts 4:3 ESV
Acts 4:3 NASB
Acts 4:3 KJV
Acts 4:3 Bible Apps
Acts 4:3 Parallel
Acts 4:3 Biblia Paralela
Acts 4:3 Chinese Bible
Acts 4:3 French Bible
Acts 4:3 German Bible
Acts 4:3 Commentaries