No such Passover had been observed from the days of the judges who had governed Israel through all the days of the kings of Israel and Judah.
Cross References2 Kings 23:23
But in the eighteenth year of the reign of Josiah this Passover was observed to the LORD in Jerusalem.
2 Chronicles 35:18
No such Passover had been observed in Israel since the days of Samuel the prophet. None of the kings of Israel ever observed a Passover like the one that Josiah observed with the priests, the Levites, all Judah, the Israelites who were present, and the people of Jerusalem.
2 Chronicles 35:19
In the eighteenth year of the reign of Josiah, this Passover was observed.
Chapter Outline1. Josiah causes the book to be read in a solemn assembly.
3. He renews the covenant of the Lord.
4. He destroys idolatry.
15. He burns dead men's bones upon the altar of Bethel, as was prophesied.
21. He keeps a most solemn Passover.
24. He puts away witches and all abomination.
26. God's final wrath against Judah.
29. Josiah, provoking Pharaoh Neco, is slain at Megiddo.
31. Jehoahaz, succeeding him,
33. is imprisoned by Pharaoh Neco, who makes Jehoiakim king.
36. Jehoiakim's wicked reign.
Jump to PreviousCelebrated Held Holden Israel Judah Judged Judges Kept Kings Led Passover Surely Throughout
Jump to NextCelebrated Held Holden Israel Judah Judged Judges Kept Kings Led Passover Surely Throughout
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
2 Chronicles 35:18, 19
of the kings.
2 Chronicles 30:1-3, 13-20
2 Chronicles 35:3-17
Links2 Kings 23:22 NIV
2 Kings 23:22 NLT
2 Kings 23:22 ESV
2 Kings 23:22 NASB
2 Kings 23:22 KJV
2 Kings 23:22 Bible Apps
2 Kings 23:22 Parallel
2 Kings 23:22 Biblia Paralela
2 Kings 23:22 Chinese Bible
2 Kings 23:22 French Bible
2 Kings 23:22 German Bible
2 Kings 23:22 Commentaries