As he was about to enter Egypt, he said to his wife Sarai, "Look, I know that you are a beautiful woman,
Cross ReferencesGenesis 20:2
Abraham said of his wife Sarah, "She is my sister." So Abimelech king of Gerar had Sarah brought to him.
Now the girl was very beautiful, a virgin who had not had relations with any man. She went down to the spring, filled her jar, and came up again.
But when the men of that place asked about his wife, he said, "She is my sister." For he was afraid to say, "She is my wife," since he thought to himself, "The men of this place will kill me on account of Rebekah, because she is so beautiful."
Leah had no sparkle in her eyes, but Rachel was shapely and beautiful.
Chapter Outline1. God calls Abram, and blesses him with a promise of Christ.
4. He departs with Lot from Haran, and comes to Canaan.
6. He journeys through Canaan,
7. which is promised to him in a vision.
10. He is driven by famine into Egypt.
11. Fear makes him feign his wife to be his sister.
14. Pharaoh, having taken her from him, is compelled to restore her.
18. Pharaoh reproves Abram, whom he dismisses.
Jump to PreviousAppearance Beautiful Egypt Enter Eye Fair Sarai Sar'ai Wife
Jump to NextAppearance Beautiful Egypt Enter Eye Fair Sarai Sar'ai Wife
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
Genesis 39:6, 7
2 Samuel 11:2
Song of Solomon 1:14
LinksGenesis 12:11 NIV
Genesis 12:11 NLT
Genesis 12:11 ESV
Genesis 12:11 NASB
Genesis 12:11 KJV
Genesis 12:11 Bible Apps
Genesis 12:11 Parallel
Genesis 12:11 Biblia Paralela
Genesis 12:11 Chinese Bible
Genesis 12:11 French Bible
Genesis 12:11 German Bible
Genesis 12:11 Commentaries