Then the host who invited both of you will come and tell you, 'Give this man your seat.' And in humiliation, you will have to take the last place.
Cross ReferencesLuke 3:8
Therefore produce fruit worthy of repentance. And do not begin to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' For I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham.
When Jesus said this, all His adversaries were humiliated. And the whole crowd rejoiced at all the glorious things He was doing.
Chapter Outline1. Jesus heals the dropsy on the Sabbath;
7. teaches humility;
12. to feast the poor;
15. under the parable of the great supper,
23. shows how worldly minded men shall be shut out of heaven.
25. Those who will be his disciples, to bear their cross must make their accounts beforehand,
31. lest with shame they revolt from him afterward;
34. and become altogether unprofitable, like salt that has lost its flavor.
Jump to PreviousAshamed Bade Begin Disgrace Feast Giver Guest Host Humiliated Invited Lowest Mayest Move Occupy Proceed Room Shame
Jump to NextAshamed Bade Begin Disgrace Feast Giver Guest Host Humiliated Invited Lowest Mayest Move Occupy Proceed Room Shame
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
LinksLuke 14:9 NIV
Luke 14:9 NLT
Luke 14:9 ESV
Luke 14:9 NASB
Luke 14:9 KJV
Luke 14:9 Bible Apps
Luke 14:9 Parallel
Luke 14:9 Biblia Paralela
Luke 14:9 Chinese Bible
Luke 14:9 French Bible
Luke 14:9 German Bible
Luke 14:9 Commentaries