Bible ConcordanceLevel (31 Occurrences)
Matthew 10:25 Enough for the learner to be on a level with his teacher, and for the servant to be on a level with his master. If they have called the master of the house Baal-zebul, how much more will they slander his servants?
Matthew 20:12 "'These who came last have done only one hour's work, and you have put them on a level with us who have worked the whole day and have borne the scorching heat.'
Luke 6:17 He came down with them, and stood on a level place, with a crowd of his disciples, and a great number of the people from all Judea and Jerusalem, and the sea coast of Tyre and Sidon, who came to hear him and to be healed of their diseases;
Luke 19:44 And will make you level with the earth, and your children with you; and there will not be one stone resting on another in you, because you did not see that it was your day of mercy.
John 5:18 On this account then the Jews were all the more eager to put Him to death--because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also spoke of God as being in a special sense His Father, thus putting Himself on a level with God.
2 Corinthians 11:12 But I will persist in the same line of conduct in order to cut the ground from under the feet of those who desire an opportunity of getting themselves recognized as being on a level with us in the matters about which they boast.
1 Kings 6:8 The door for the middle side chambers was in the right side of the house: and they went up by winding stairs into the middle story, and out of the middle into the third.
Psalms 26:12 My foot stands in an even place. In the congregations I will bless Yahweh.
Psalms 27:11 Teach me your way, Yahweh. Lead me in a straight path, because of my enemies.
Psalms 65:10 You drench its furrows. You level its ridges. You soften it with showers. You bless it with a crop.
Psalms 143:10 Give me teaching so that I may do your pleasure; for you are my God: let your good Spirit be my guide into the land of righteousness.
Proverbs 4:26 Make the path of your feet level. Let all of your ways be established.
Proverbs 5:6 So that she findeth not the level path of life: Her ways are unstable, 'and' she knoweth 'it' not.
Proverbs 5:21 For the ways of man are before the eyes of Jehovah; And he maketh level all his paths.
Proverbs 15:19 Thorns are round the way of the hater of work; but the road of the hard worker becomes a highway.
Isaiah 26:7 The way of the just is uprightness. You who are upright make the path of the righteous level.
Isaiah 28:17 And I will make right decision the measuring-line, and righteousness the weight: and the ice-storm will take away the safe place of false words, and the secret place will be covered by the flowing waters.
Isaiah 28:25 When he has leveled its surface, doesn't he plant the dill, and scatter the cumin seed, and put in the wheat in rows, the barley in the appointed place, and the spelt in its place?
Isaiah 40:3 The voice of one who calls out, "Prepare the way of Yahweh in the wilderness! Make a level highway in the desert for our God.
Isaiah 40:4 Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low. The uneven shall be made level, and the rough places a plain.
Isaiah 42:16 And I will take the blind by a way of which they had no knowledge, guiding them by roads strange to them: I will make the dark places light before them, and the rough places level. These things will I do and will not give them up.
Isaiah 45:2 I will go before you, and make the rough places level: the doors of brass will be broken, and the iron rods cut in two:
Isaiah 45:13 I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will make straight all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let my exiles go free, not for price nor reward, saith Jehovah of hosts.
Jeremiah 31:9 They shall come with weeping; and with petitions will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by rivers of waters, in a straight way in which they shall not stumble; for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.
Ezekiel 13:14 So I will let the wall, which you were covering with whitewash, be broken down; I will have it levelled to the earth so that its base is uncovered: it will come down, and destruction will come on you with it; and it will be clear to you that I am the Lord.
Ezekiel 41:6 The side chambers were in three stories, one over another, and thirty in order; and they entered into the wall which belonged to the house for the side chambers all around, that they might have hold therein, and not have hold in the wall of the house.
Ezekiel 41:7 The side chambers were broader as they encompassed the house higher and higher; for the encompassing of the house went higher and higher around the house: therefore the breadth of the house continued upward; and so one went up from
Ezekiel 41:20 From earth level up to the windows there were winged ones and palm-trees pictured on the wall.
Ezekiel 42:6 For they were on three floors, and they had no pillars like the pillars of the outer square; so the highest was narrower than the lowest and middle floors from the earth level.
Ezekiel 43:14 And from the base on the earth level to the lower shelf, the altar is two cubits high and a cubit wide; and from the smaller shelf to the greater shelf it is four cubits high and a cubit wide.
Zechariah 4:7 Who are you, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel you will become level: and he will let all see the headstone, with cries of Grace, grace, to it.
ThesaurusLevel (31 Occurrences)
... a vertical or plumb line is perpendicular; a line or surface which is everywhere
parallel to the surface of still water; -- this is the true level, and is a ...
/l/level.htm - 19k
Flat (33 Occurrences)
Features (3 Occurrences)
Even (10971 Occurrences)
Arabah (32 Occurrences)
Nile (37 Occurrences)
Ebal (8 Occurrences)
Strike (168 Occurrences)
Rough (24 Occurrences)
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary1. (n.) A line or surface to which, at every point, a vertical or plumb line is perpendicular; a line or surface which is everywhere parallel to the surface of still water; -- this is the true level, and is a curve or surface in which all points are equally distant from the center of the earth, or rather would be so if the earth were an exact sphere.
2. (n.) A horizontal line or plane; that is, a straight line or a plane which is tangent to a true level at a given point and hence parallel to the horizon at that point; -- this is the apparent level at the given point.
3. (n.) An approximately horizontal line or surface at a certain degree of altitude, or distance from the center of the earth; as, to climb from the level of the coast to the level of the plateau and then descend to the level of the valley or of the sea.
4. (n.) Hence, figuratively, a certain position, rank, standard, degree, quality, character, etc., conceived of as in one of several planes of different elevation.
5. (n.) A uniform or average height; a normal plane or altitude; a condition conformable to natural law or which will secure a level surface; as, moving fluids seek a level.
6. (n.) An instrument by which to find a horizontal line, or adjust something with reference to a horizontal line.
7. (n.) A measurement of the difference of altitude of two points, by means of a level; as, to take a level.
8. (n.) A horizontal passage, drift, or adit, in a mine.
9. (a.) Even; flat; having no part higher than another; having, or conforming to, the curvature which belongs to the undisturbed liquid parts of the earth's surface; as, a level field; level ground; the level surface of a pond or lake.
10. (a.) Coinciding or parallel with the plane of the horizon; horizontal; as, the telescope is now level.
11. (a.) Even with anything else; of the same height; on the same line or plane; on the same footing; of equal importance; -- followed by with, sometimes by to.
12. (a.) Straightforward; direct; clear; open.
13. (a.) Well balanced; even; just; steady; impartial; as, a level head; a level understanding. [Colloq.]
14. (a.) of even tone; without rising or falling inflection.
15. (v. t.) To make level; to make horizontal; to bring to the condition of a level line or surface; hence, to make flat or even; as, to level a road, a walk, or a garden.
16. (v. t.) To bring to a lower level; to overthrow; to topple down; to reduce to a flat surface; to lower.
17. (v. t.) To bring to a horizontal position, as a gun; hence, to point in taking aim; to aim; to direct.
18. (v. t.) Figuratively, to bring to a common level or plane, in respect of rank, condition, character, privilege, etc.; as, to level all the ranks and conditions of men.
19. (v. t.) To adjust or adapt to a certain level; as, to level remarks to the capacity of children.
20. (v. i.) To be level; to be on a level with, or on an equality with, something; hence, to accord; to agree; to suit.
Greek3977. pedinos -- level, plain
... level, plain. Part of Speech: Adjective Transliteration: pedinos Phonetic Spelling:
(ped-ee-nos') Short Definition: level Definition: level, low-lying, flat. ...
//strongsnumbers.com/greek2/3977.htm - 6k
3006. leios -- smooth
1921. epiginosko -- to know exactly, to recognize
1474. edaphizo -- to raze
5355. phthonos -- envy
2470. isos -- equal
2116. euthuno -- to make straight
2727. katecheo -- to teach by word of mouth
3403. mimnesko -- to remind, remember
1731. endeiknumi -- to indicate (by word or act), to prove
Strong's Hebrew4334. mishor -- a level place, uprightness
... 4333, 4334. mishor or mishor. 4335 . a level place, uprightness. Transliteration:
mishor or mishor Phonetic Spelling: (mee-shore') Short Definition: plain. ...
/hebrew/4334.htm - 6k
6424. palas -- to weigh, make level
4949. mishqeleth -- a leveling instrument, a level
1237. biqah -- a valley, plain
3440. Yishvi -- two Israelites
7737. shavah -- to agree with, be like, resemble
833. ashar -- to go straight, go on, advance
6169. arah -- bare place
3438. Yishvah -- an Asherite
7737a. shavah -- to agree with, be like, resemble
Now this Masculine Love of an Open and Level Camaraderie is the ...
The Court Itself.
His Leading Ideas: the Nature of the Godhead in Itself
A Double Wrestling Match.
Morgan -- the Perfect Ideal of Life
Why Saul Became Paul
Like Teacher, Like Scholar
LinksBible Concordance • Bible Dictionary • Bible Encyclopedia • Topical Bible • Bible Thesuarus