But it shall not be this way among you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant,
Cross ReferencesMatthew 20:26
It shall not be this way among you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant,
The greatest among you shall be your servant.
Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, "If anyone wants to be first, he must be the last of all and the servant of all."
So Jesus called them together and said, "You know that those regarded as rulers of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them, and their superiors exercise authority over them.
and whoever wants to be first must be the slave of all.
But you shall not be like them. Instead, the greatest among you should be like the youngest, and the one who leads like the one who serves.
Chapter Outline1. Jesus disputes with the Pharisees concerning divorce;
13. blesses the children that are brought unto him;
17. resolves a rich man how he may inherit everlasting life;
23. tells his disciples of the danger of riches;
28. promises rewards to those who forsake all for the gospel;
32. foretells his death and resurrection;
35. bids the two ambitious suitors to think rather of suffering with him;
46. and restores to Bartimaeus his sight.
Jump to PreviousDesire Desires Great Instead Minister Servant Wants Way Wishes
Jump to NextDesire Desires Great Instead Minister Servant Wants Way Wishes
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
Matthew 20:26, 27
1 Corinthians 9:19-23
1 Peter 5:5, 6
LinksMark 10:43 NIV
Mark 10:43 NLT
Mark 10:43 ESV
Mark 10:43 NASB
Mark 10:43 KJV
Mark 10:43 Bible Apps
Mark 10:43 Parallel
Mark 10:43 Biblia Paralela
Mark 10:43 Chinese Bible
Mark 10:43 French Bible
Mark 10:43 German Bible
Mark 10:43 Commentaries