The Encamping Angel
... is rightly given, as we have assumed it to be, or not, at all events that harping ...
But he knows too that the encampment of the Angel of the Lord will not keep ...
/.../maclaren/expositions of holy scripture j/the encamping angel.htm
From Egypt to Sinai.
... At all events the sacred writer, the Hebrews in Egypt at the time, and the Egyptians ...
on their journey from the Red Sea to the time of their encampment at the ...
/.../tidwell/the bible period by period/chapter v from egypt to.htm
The First Part
... We have seen the Israelitish encampment of God: Now let us see how the Apocalyptic ...
of God, in which was interwoven the series and order of events, to be ...
//christianbookshelf.org/mede/a key to the apocalypse/the first part .htm
The Way to the Sea
... In the course of the past year's events Kenkenes had learned to be a ... Hebrew, thus
addressed, motioned Kenkenes to follow him, and turned toward the encampment. ...
//christianbookshelf.org/miller/the yoke/chapter xliv the way to.htm
The Poison and the Antidote
... If we would bring ordinary events into immediate connection with the Divine hand ...
cases carried from the distant parts of the wide-spreading encampment to places ...
/.../maclaren/expositions of holy scripture k/the poison and the antidote.htm
Athor, the Golden
... Summoning all the patience at his command, he recounted the events in the apartments
of ... he vaguely realized that he had seen no trace of an encampment near the ...
//christianbookshelf.org/miller/the yoke/chapter vii athor the golden.htm
The Guiding Pillar
... uncertainty in which they were kept as to the duration of their encampment, and
as to ... I am that which it only shadowed and foretold.' At all events, whether in ...
/.../maclaren/expositions of holy scripture k/the guiding pillar.htm
The Story of Panthea.
... in the sight of the whole army, around the plain of the encampment, a most ... The battle
in which these events occurred was one of the greatest and most important ...
//christianbookshelf.org/abbott/cyrus the great/chapter x the story of.htm
The Battle of Thermopylae.
... high up the declivity of the mountain, and in the immediate vicinity of the Phocaean
encampment. ... At all events, he retained them, and dismissed the other allies ...
//christianbookshelf.org/abbott/xerxes/chapter ix the battle of.htm
... as the Hebrew text does (Genesis 32:1,3), apparently because the first events of
the ... present passed on ahead of him, and he spent that night in the encampment. ...
/.../christianbookshelf.org/leupold/exposition of genesis volume 1/chapter xxxii.htm
Condensed Biblical CyclopediaEvents of the Encampment
The important events at the encampment at Mount Sinai were:
- The people entered into a covenant with the Lord (Exodus 19:1-8).
- The people and priests were sanctified (Exodus 19:9-25).
- The ten commandments were proclaimed (Exodus 19:1-25; Exodus 20:1-17; Deuteronomy 5:1-22).
- The people were greatly frightened by the voice of the Lord and Requested Moses to speak to them (Exodus 20:18-21).
- Moses, accompanied part of the way by Joshua and others, retired Into the mountain, where he spent forty days and nights with the Lord (Exodus 24:1,2,9-18).
- Moses received the pattern for the Tabernacle (Exodus 25:1-40).
- Moses was commanded to set Aaron and his sons apart for the Priestly office (Exodus 28:1).
- Bezaleel and Aholiab were called upon to take the lead in the Construction of the house of the Lord (Exodus 31:1-6).
- The Lord gave Moses two tables of stone with the ten Commandments written upon them (Exodus 31:18).
- The people, led by Aaron, fell into idolatry (Exodus 32:1-6).
- Moses pleaded in their behalf but broke the tables of stone as He descended from the mountain (Exodus 32:7-24).
- The Levites showed their devotion to the cause of the Lord (Exodus 32:25-35).
- Moses had a glimpse of the glory of God (Exodus 33:12-23).
- The tables of stone were renewed (Exodus 34:1-28).
- Moses returned from the mountain, erected an altar and Sacrifices were offered upon it (Exodus 24:3-5; Exodus 35:29-35).
- The people again entered into a covenant with the Lord (Exodus 24:7,8; Hebrews 9:18-21).
- Moses called upon the people for a freewill offering of Material for the construction of the Tabernacle (Exodus 35:1-29).
- The people gave with such liberality that it was necessary to Restrain them (Exodus 36:1-7).
- The Tabernacle was set up (Exodus 40:1-38).
- Aaron and his sons were consecrated and fire descended upon the Brazen altar (Leviticus 8:1-36; Leviticus 9:1-24).
- Nadab and Abihu were slain for desecrating the worship of God (Leviticus 10:1,2).
- The Levites were consecrated (Numbers 8:1-26).
- The second Passover was observed (Numbers 9:1-15).
- The order of the encampment was regulated (Numbers 2:1-34).
- The princes made their offerings (Numbers 7:1-9).
- The people were numbered (Numbers 1:1-46).
Events of the Encampment
• Bible Dictionary
• Bible Encyclopedia
• Topical Bible
• Bible Thesuarus