And again He returned and found them sleeping, for their eyes were heavy. And they did not know what to answer Him.
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
Mark 9:33, 34
Chapter Outline1. A conspiracy against Jesus.
3. Expensive perfume is poured on his head by a woman.
10. Judas sells his Master for money.
12. Jesus himself foretells how he will be betrayed by one of his disciples;
22. after the passover prepared, and eaten, institutes his last supper;
26. declares beforehand the flight of all his disciples, and Peter's denial.
43. Judas betrays him with a kiss.
46. Jesus is apprehended in the garden;
53. falsely accused and impiously condemned of the council;
65. shamefully abused by them;
66. and thrice denied by Peter.
Jump to PreviousAsleep Eyes Found Heavy Returning Sleeping Tired Wist
Jump to NextAsleep Eyes Found Heavy Returning Sleeping Tired Wist
Parallel VersesNew American Standard Bible
And again He came and found them sleeping, for their eyes were very heavy; and they did not know what to answer Him.
King James Bible
And when he returned, he found them asleep again, (for their eyes were heavy,) neither wist they what to answer him.
Holman Christian Standard Bible
And He came again and found them sleeping, because they could not keep their eyes open. They did not know what to say to Him.
International Standard Version
Again he came back and found them asleep, because they could not keep their eyes open. They didn't even know what they should say to him.
When he came again he found them sleeping; they could not keep their eyes open. And they did not know what to tell him.
Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And returning, he came again and found them sleeping because their eyes were heavy, and they did not know what to say to him.
LinksMark 14:40 NIV
Mark 14:40 NLT
Mark 14:40 ESV
Mark 14:40 NASB
Mark 14:40 KJV
Mark 14:40 Bible Apps
Mark 14:40 Parallel
Mark 14:40 Biblia Paralela
Mark 14:40 Chinese Bible
Mark 14:40 French Bible
Mark 14:40 German Bible
Mark 14:40 Commentaries