I do not seek My own glory. There is One who seeks it, and He is the Judge.
Cross ReferencesJohn 5:41
I do not accept glory from men,
He who speaks on his own authority seeks his own glory, but He who seeks the glory of the One who sent Him is a man of truth; in Him there is no falsehood.
Jesus answered, "If I glorify Myself, My glory means nothing. The One who glorifies Me is My Father, of whom you say 'He is our God.'
Chapter Outline1. Jesus delivers the woman taken in adultery.
12. He declares himself the light of the world, and justifies his doctrine;
31. promises freedom to those who believe;
33. answers the Jews who boasted of Abraham;
48. answers their reviling, by showing his authority and dignity;
59. and slips away from those who would stone him.
Jump to PreviousAiming Aims Glory However Judge Judges Judgeth Judging Search Searching Seek Seeketh Seeking Seeks
Jump to NextAiming Aims Glory However Judge Judges Judgeth Judging Search Searching Seek Seeketh Seeking Seeks
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
I seek not.
John 5:20-23, 45
John 12:47, 48
LinksJohn 8:50 NIV
John 8:50 NLT
John 8:50 ESV
John 8:50 NASB
John 8:50 KJV
John 8:50 Bible Apps
John 8:50 Parallel
John 8:50 Biblia Paralela
John 8:50 Chinese Bible
John 8:50 French Bible
John 8:50 German Bible
John 8:50 Commentaries