Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property.
Cross ReferencesJoshua 7:18
And he had Zabdi's family come forward man by man, and Achan son of Carmi, the son of Zabdi, the son of Zerah, of the tribe of Judah, was selected.
"But cursed is the deceiver who has an acceptable male in his flock and vows to give it, but sacrifices a defective animal to the Lord. For I am a great King," says the LORD of Hosts, "and My name is to be feared among the nations."
sold a field he owned, brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet.
With his wife's full knowledge, he kept back some of the proceeds for himself, but brought a portion and laid it at the apostles' feet.
Chapter Outline1. After that Ananias and Sapphira his wife,
3. at Peter's rebuke had fallen down dead;
12. and that the rest of the apostles had wrought many miracles;
14. to the increase of the faith;
17. the apostles are again imprisoned;
19. but delivered by an angel bidding them preach openly to all;
21. when, after their teaching accordingly in the temple,
29. and before the council,
33. they are in danger to be killed;
34. but through the advice of Gamaliel, they are kept alive, and are only beaten;
41. for which they glorify God, and cease no day from preaching.
Jump to PreviousAnanias Anani'as Money Piece Possession Property Sold Together Wife
Jump to NextAnanias Anani'as Money Piece Possession Property Sold Together Wife
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
Matthew 13:47, 48
2 Timothy 2:20
LinksActs 5:1 NIV
Acts 5:1 NLT
Acts 5:1 ESV
Acts 5:1 NASB
Acts 5:1 KJV
Acts 5:1 Bible Apps
Acts 5:1 Parallel
Acts 5:1 Biblia Paralela
Acts 5:1 Chinese Bible
Acts 5:1 French Bible
Acts 5:1 German Bible
Acts 5:1 Commentaries