Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary1. (p. p.) of Tie.
2. (p. p) of Tie.
3. (superl.) Firmly held together; compact; not loose or open; as, tight cloth; a tight knot.
4. (superl.) Close, so as not to admit the passage of a liquid or other fluid; not leaky; as, a tight ship; a tight cask; a tight room; -- often used in this sense as the second member of a compound; as, water-tight; air-tight.
5. (superl.) Fitting close, or too close, to the body; as, a tight coat or other garment.
6. (superl.) Not ragged; whole; neat; tidy.
7. (superl.) Close; parsimonious; saving; as, a man tight in his dealings.
8. (superl.) Not slack or loose; firmly stretched; taut; -- applied to a rope, chain, or the like, extended or stretched out.
9. (superl.) Handy; adroit; brisk.
10. (superl.) Somewhat intoxicated; tipsy.
11. (superl.) Pressing; stringent; not easy; firmly held; dear; -- said of money or the money market. Cf. Easy, 7.
Greek2638. katalambano -- to lay hold of, seize
... to lay hold of, seize. Part of Speech: Verb Transliteration: katalambano Phonetic
Spelling: (kat-al-am-ban'-o) Short Definition: I seize tight hold of, overtake ...
//strongsnumbers.com/greek2/2638.htm - 8k
1341. dikaiokrisia -- righteous judgment
4729. stenochoreo -- to be made narrow, to compress
318. anagke -- necessity
4862. sun -- with, together with (expresses association with)
Strong's Hebrew6862a. tsar -- narrow, tight
... << 6862, 6862a. tsar. 6862b >>. narrow, tight. Transliteration: tsar Short
Definition: limited. Word Origin from tsarar Definition narrow ...
/hebrew/6862a.htm - 5k
6862. tsar -- narrow, tight
4712. metsar -- straits, distress
The Heart-Strings of God.
For I Will Now Return, after a Sort of Digression, to the Point I ...
The Way of Transgressors.
October the Thirtieth a Testimony Meeting
The Equipment of the Servants
Letter iii. Aims in Life.
Wesley's Hymns Reconsidered
Lix. The Preacher and his Hearers.
Fear and Faith
ThesaurusTight (9 Occurrences)
... Noah Webster's Dictionary 1. (pp) of Tie. 2. (p. p) of Tie. 3. (superl.) Firmly
held together; compact; not loose or open; as, tight cloth; a tight knot. ...
/t/tight.htm - 10k
Tightly (14 Occurrences)
Brace (3 Occurrences)
Ties (7 Occurrences)
Needlework (23 Occurrences)
Loom (3 Occurrences)
Loose (219 Occurrences)
Loosen (8 Occurrences)
Locks (29 Occurrences)
Well (2882 Occurrences)
Bible ConcordanceTight (9 Occurrences)
James 1:26 If anyone among you thinks himself to be religious while he doesn't bridle his tongue, but deceives his heart, this man's religion is worthless. Peter's First Letter (See NIV)
Genesis 20:18 For Yahweh had closed up tight all the wombs of the house of Abimelech, because of Sarah, Abraham's wife. (WEB)
Genesis 22:9 And they came to the place of which God had given him knowledge; and there Abraham made the altar and put the wood in place on it, and having made tight the bands round Isaac his son, he put him on the wood on the altar. (BBE)
Leviticus 8:7 He put the coat on him, making it tight with its band, and then the robe, and over it the ephod, with its band of needlework to keep it in place. (BBE)
Judges 16:14 So while he slept, Deli'lah took the seven locks of his head and wove them into the web. And she made them tight with the pin, and said to him, "The Philistines are upon you, Samson!" But he awoke from his sleep, and pulled away the pin, the loom, and the web. (DBY RSV NIV)
Job 41:15 His back is made of lines of plates, joined tight together, one against the other, like a stamp. (BBE NAS NIV)
Psalms 17:10 They are inclosed in their own fat: With their mouth they speak proudly. (See JPS)
Proverbs 16:30 He whose eyes are shut is a man of twisted purposes, and he who keeps his lips shut tight makes evil come about. (BBE)
Jeremiah 50:33 This is what the Lord of armies has said: The children of Israel and the children of Judah are crushed down together: all those who took them prisoner keep them in a tight grip; they will not let them go. (BBE)