Because you have made the LORD your dwelling--my refuge, the Most High--
I. THE DWELLING PLACE OF THE GOOD MAN - GOD. In such an abode we find:
1. Shelter, protection. (John 14:23.)
II. THE SAFETY OF THIS ABODE.
1. Omnipotent love encompasses him.
2. The power of the good man to convert all things to his welfare. "All things are yours."
III. THE GUARDS AND SERVANTS OF THE GOOD MAN. The angels are God's messengers and ministers.
1. God employs innumerable invisible ministries to serve us. Angels and unseen powers "that walk the earth both when we wake and when we sleep."
2. Innumerable visible ministries. "More servants wait on man than he'll take notice of" (see George Herbert's poem). - S.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.I. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE SUFFERINGS OF THE RIGHTEOUS AND THE WICKED. The same external afflictions and trials may befall them; but to the righteous they are educational, to the wicked they are punitive — "the reward," etc.
II. THE DIVINE RULE IN THIS WORLD IS RIGHTEOUS. Under it the godly are protected by God, while the wicked are punished.
III. THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF THE DIVINE RULE IS NOT ALWAYS MANIFEST IN THIS WORLD.
IV. THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF THE DIVINE RULE WILL ULTIMATELY BE CLEARLY MANIFEST TO ALL. The godly with their eyes "shall see the reward of the wicked." There is a state where all the apparent inequalities of the moral government of our world will be clearly rectified (Isaiah 3:11).
V. THE WEAK AND FEARFUL BELIEVER, NOTWITHSTANDING HIS FEARS, SHALL NOT PERISH WITH THE WICKED. "Only with his eyes shall he see the reward of the wicked," while he himself shall enjoy the glorious inheritance of the good.
LinksPsalm 91:9 NIV
Psalm 91:9 NLT
Psalm 91:9 ESV
Psalm 91:9 NASB
Psalm 91:9 KJV
Psalm 91:9 Bible Apps
Psalm 91:9 Parallel
Psalm 91:9 Biblia Paralela
Psalm 91:9 Chinese Bible
Psalm 91:9 French Bible
Psalm 91:9 German Bible
Psalm 91:9 Commentaries