After this manner therefore pray you: Our Father which are in heaven, Hallowed be your name.
1. It confers noble privileges (1 John 3:1; Romans 13:7; Psalm 113:5; 1 Samuel 2:8).
2. Such a name and title we could never have dared to take upon us had not God permitted.
3. This is no barren title (Romans 1:21; Isaiah 49:14, 15; Isaiah 63:16).
4. This first word of the Lord's Prayer is designed to give us access with confidence to God (Ephesians 3:12; Psalm 81:10).
5. This sonship has its duties.
(F. C. Blyth, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.