Let not your heart be troubled: you believe in God, believe also in me.…
I. WE HAVE NO RIGHT TO HEAVEN BY NATURE (Ephesians 2:3).
II. NEITHER CAN WE HAVE RIGHT BUT BY CHRIST (Acts 4:12).
III. THIS TITLE CHRIST PURCHASED FOR US BY HIS DEATH (Matthew 20:28; Ruth 3:9, 12; Ruth 4:1).
IV. Having purchased it, HE GOES TO TAKE POSSESSION OF IT AND HAVE IT SURRENDERED TO HIM FOR OUR USE. (Hebrews 6:20).
V. Having taken possession of it in our names, HE PREPARES IT.
1. By getting us actually admitted or entitled to it; pleading (1 John 2:1) —
(1) That our sins are pardoned (Isaiah 53:5, 6).
(2) Our persons justified (2 Corinthians 5:21).
(3) Our lusts subdued (Romans 6:14).
2. By preparing us for it, by —
(1) Enlightening our minds (John 3:8).
(2) Rectifying our wills.
3. Regulating our affections.
Parallel VersesKJV: Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.