Being confident of this very thing, that he which has begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
I. TOTALLY ISOLATED FROM JUDAISM AND SELF (Philippians 3:3-7).
II. GROUNDED SOLELY IN CHRIST.
1. As his medium of access to the mind, the heart, the power of God (Ephesians 3:12).
2. As the repository of all his interests (2 Timothy 1:12).
3. As being united to Him by love bonds which neither the mere incidents of life, nor satanic power could sever (Romans 8:38, 39).
III. A MEANS OF PERPETUATING LIVING RELATIONS BETWEEN HIM AND THE CHURCHES which he bad formed. He expresses his confidence —
1. In the sympathy of the Corinthians (2 Corinthians 1:14, 15; 2 Corinthians 2:3).
2. In the steadfastness of the Galatians in Christianity (Galatians 5:10).
3. In the obedience of the Thessalonians to his teaching (2 Thessalonians 3:4).
4. In the purity and intelligence of the Romans (Romans 15:14).
5. In the final perfectness of the Philippians.
IV. THE SEED HE LIVED TO DISSEMINATE AMONG MEN.
(G. G. Ballard.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: