Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them, When you come into the land which I give you…
I. IN THE BLESSINGS IMPARTED.
1. Remission of debts (see Acts 13:38).
2. Liberation from bondage (see Romans 6:22).
3. Restoration of forfeited possessions (see 1 Peter 1:4).
4. Freedom from toil (see Hebrews 4:3).
5. Abundant provisions and universal joy (see 1 Peter 1:8).
II. THE JUBILEE WAS TO BE PROCLAIMED ON A PARTICULAR DAY AND IN A PECULIAR WAY.
1. On the Day of Atonement (ver. 9; see Luke 24:46, 47).
2. It was announced by the sound of trumpets (ver. 9; see Romans 10:14, 15). The proclamation was to be to all (see Mark 16:15).
III. THE BLESSEDNESS OF THE GOSPEL DISPENSATION AS EXPERIENCED BY BELIEVERS,
1. The personal enjoyment of liberty (see Romans 8:21; Galatians 5:1).
(1) Liberty from Satan.
(2) From the world.
(3) From mental darkness and sin.
2. The realisation of rest (see Isaiah 14:3).
(1) Rest in Christ.
(2) From works.
(3) In labour.
(4) In prospect.
3. The possession of abundance (see Romans 5:20, 21).
(1) The word.
(2) The sacraments.
(4) Holy Ghost.
4. The enjoyment of salvation (see Isaiah 12:2).
(1) Present salvation.
(2) Perfect and complete salvation.
(3) Everlasting and infinite salvation.
(T. B. Baker.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye come into the land which I give you, then shall the land keep a sabbath unto the LORD.