Saul's father Kish and Abner's father Ner were sons of Abiel.
Cross References1 Samuel 9:1
Now there was a Benjamite, a powerful man, whose name was Kish son of Abiel, the son of Zeror, the son of Becorath, the son of Aphiah of Benjamin.
1 Samuel 9:21
Saul replied, "Am I not a Benjamite from the smallest tribe of Israel, and is not my clan the least of all the clans of Benjamin? So why would you say such a thing to me?"
1 Samuel 14:50
His wife's name was Ahinoam daughter of Ahimaaz. The name of the commander of his army was Abner, son of Saul's uncle Ner.
1 Samuel 26:5
Then David set out and went to the place where Saul had camped. He saw the place where Saul and Abner son of Ner, the general of his army, had lain down. Saul was lying inside the inner circle of the camp, with the troops camped around him.
Chapter Outline1. Jonathan goes and miraculously smites the Philistine's garrison
15. A divine terror makes them beat themselves
17. Saul, not staying the priest's answer, sets on them
21. The captivated Hebrews, and the hidden Israelites, join against them.
24. Saul's unadvised adjuration hinders the victory
31. He restrains the people from eating blood
35. He builds an altar
37. Jonathan, taken by lot, is save by the people
47. Saul's victories, strength, and family
Jump to PreviousAbiel Abi'el Abner Abner's Kish Ner Saul Saul's
Jump to NextAbiel Abi'el Abner Abner's Kish Ner Saul Saul's
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
1 Samuel 9:1, 21
Links1 Samuel 14:51 NIV
1 Samuel 14:51 NLT
1 Samuel 14:51 ESV
1 Samuel 14:51 NASB
1 Samuel 14:51 KJV
1 Samuel 14:51 Bible Apps
1 Samuel 14:51 Parallel
1 Samuel 14:51 Biblia Paralela
1 Samuel 14:51 Chinese Bible
1 Samuel 14:51 French Bible
1 Samuel 14:51 German Bible
1 Samuel 14:51 Commentaries