After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am your shield…
I. A SHIELD against -
1. The charges of the law (Isaiah 45:24).
2. The accusations of conscience (Romans 15:13).
3. The force of temptation (Revelation 3:10).
4. The opposition of the world (Romans 8:31).
5. The fear of death (Hebrews 2:15).
II. A REWARD -
1. For sufferings patiently endured (2 Timothy 2:12).
2. For sacrifices cheerfully made (Matthew 19:28).
3. For service faithfully accomplished (Revelation 2:28). Lessons -
1. Admire the exceeding richness of Divine grace.
2. Appreciate the fullness of Divine salvation.
3. Realize the height of Divine privilege accorded to the saint. - W.
Parallel VersesKJV: After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.