New International Version
I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the LORD.'"
King James Bible
And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
Darby Bible Translation
And I will put sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live: and ye shall know that I am Jehovah.
World English Bible
I will lay sinews on you, and will bring up flesh on you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live; and you shall know that I am Yahweh.
Young's Literal Translation
and I have given on you sinews, and cause flesh to come up upon you, and covered you over with skin, and given in you a spirit, and ye have lived, and ye have known that I am Jehovah.'
Ezekiel 37:6 Parallel
CommentaryClarke's Commentary on the Bible
I will lay sinews upon you - Observe the progress:
1. Here are the bones.
2. The ligaments, called here sinews, are to be added in order to unite the bones, that the skeleton might be complete.
3. The flesh (the whole muscular system, the subjacent and superjacent muscles, including the arterial and venous system) clothes this skeleton.
4. The skin (the dermis and epidermis, or cutis and cuticle) envelopes the whole of these muscles or flesh; and now these bodies are in the state that the body of Adam was before it received the animal and intellectual principle from God.
5. There was no breath in them - they had not yet received their souls.
6. The wind, רוח ruach, the soul, came into them. They were endued with animal and intellectual life; and they arose and evidenced a complete restoration to life, and began to perform its functions, Ezekiel 37:10.
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
LibraryThe Dry Bones and the Spirit of Life
1. The hand of the Lord was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones, 2. And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry. 3. And He said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, Thou knowest. 4. Again He said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord. 5. Thus …
Alexander Maclaren—Expositions of Holy Scripture
The Shepherd of Our Souls.
How to Make Use of Christ as the Truth, that we May Get Our Case and Condition Cleared up to Us.
I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty, but by my name the LORD I did not make myself fully known to them.
Kings will be your foster fathers, and their queens your nursing mothers. They will bow down before you with their faces to the ground; they will lick the dust at your feet. Then you will know that I am the LORD; those who hope in me will not be disappointed."
I will make you desolate forever; your towns will not be inhabited. Then you will know that I am the LORD.
I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the LORD have spoken, and I have done it, declares the LORD.'"
And so I will show my greatness and my holiness, and I will make myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the LORD.'
I will send fire on Magog and on those who live in safety in the coastlands, and they will know that I am the LORD.
Then you will know that I am in Israel, that I am the LORD your God, and that there is no other; never again will my people be shamed.
Jump to PreviousAlive Attach Breath Cause Cover Covered Flesh Grow Lay Muscles Sinews Skin Spirit Tendons
Jump to NextAlive Attach Breath Cause Cover Covered Flesh Grow Lay Muscles Sinews Skin Spirit Tendons
LinksEzekiel 37:6 NIV
Ezekiel 37:6 NLT
Ezekiel 37:6 ESV
Ezekiel 37:6 NASB
Ezekiel 37:6 KJV
Ezekiel 37:6 Bible Apps
Ezekiel 37:6 Biblia Paralela
Ezekiel 37:6 Chinese Bible
Ezekiel 37:6 French Bible
Ezekiel 37:6 German Bible
Ezekiel 37:6 Commentaries