All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
See 1 Corinthians 8:6; Colossians 1:16; Hebrews 1:2. Observe —
1. God revealed Himself through His Son before the Incarnation.
2. To be a Creator the Word had to be God.
3. Matter is not eternal: the universe has an intelligent personality back of it, as architect, builder, and sustainer.
4. The stars are a manifestation of Christ, as well as the Bible: we see Him in natural as in revealed religion.
5. The Being who made all things is worthy of being trusted with the absolute work of making and sustaining our characters.
(A. H. Moment.)
Parallel VersesKJV: All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.