New International Version
I signed and sealed the deed, had it witnessed, and weighed out the silver on the scales.
King James Bible
And I subscribed the evidence, and sealed it, and took witnesses, and weighed him the money in the balances.
Darby Bible Translation
And I subscribed the writing, and sealed it, and took witnesses, and weighed the money in the balances.
World English Bible
I subscribed the deed, and sealed it, and called witnesses, and weighed him the money in the balances.
Young's Literal Translation
And I write in a book, and seal, and cause witnesses to testify, and weigh the silver in balances;
Jeremiah 32:10 Parallel
CommentaryClarke's Commentary on the Bible
I subscribed the evidence - We have here all the circumstances of this legal act:
1. An offer is made of the reversion of the ground, till the jubilee, to him who would then of right come into possession.
2. The price is agreed on, and the silver weighed in the balances.
3. A contract or deed of sale is drawn up, to which both parties agreeing,
4. Witnesses are brought forward to see it signed and sealed; for the contract was both subscribed and sealed.
5. A duplicate of the deed was drawn, which was not to be sealed, but to lie open for the inspection of those concerned in some public place where it might be safe and always to be seen.
6. The original, which was sealed up, was put in an earthen pitcher in order to be preserved from accidents.
7. This was delivered by the purchaser into the hands of a third party, to be preserved for the use of the purchaser, and witnesses were called to attest this delivery.
8. They subscribed the book of the purchase, perhaps a town book, or register, where such purchases were entered. Baruch was a scribe by profession; and the deeds were delivered into his hands, before witnesses, to be preserved as above.
Perhaps the law, in this case, required that the instrument should be thus lodged. But, in the present case, both the deeds, the original and the duplicate, were put into the earthen pitcher because the city was about to be burnt; and if lodged as usual, they would be destroyed in the general conflagration. See Jeremiah 32:14.
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
subscribed the evidence. Heb. wrote in the book.
LibraryOctober 27. "Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all Flesh; is There Anything Too Hard for Me?" (Jer. xxxii. 27. )
"Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is there anything too hard for Me?" (Jer. xxxii. 27.) Cyrus, the King, was compelled to fulfil the vision of Jeremiah, by making a decree, the instant the prophecy had foretold, declaring that Jehovah had bidden him rebuild Jerusalem and invite her captives to return to their native home. So Jeremiah's faith was vindicated and Jehovah's prophecy gloriously fulfilled, as faith ever will be honored. Oh, for the faith, that in the dark present and the darker …
Rev. A. B. Simpson—Days of Heaven Upon Earth
Why all Things Work for Good
So they went and made the tomb secure by putting a seal on the stone and posting the guard.
Abraham agreed to Ephron's terms and weighed out for him the price he had named in the hearing of the Hittites: four hundred shekels of silver, according to the weight current among the merchants.
So the field and the cave in it were deeded to Abraham by the Hittites as a burial site.
"Have I not kept this in reserve and sealed it in my vaults?
Meanwhile Boaz went up to the town gate and sat down there just as the guardian-redeemer he had mentioned came along. Boaz said, "Come over here, my friend, and sit down." So he went over and sat down.
Then Boaz announced to the elders and all the people, "Today you are witnesses that I have bought from Naomi all the property of Elimelek, Kilion and Mahlon.
My offenses will be sealed up in a bag; you will cover over my sin.
Jump to PreviousBalances Book Cause Contract Deed Evidence Money Scales Seal Sealed Signed Silver Stamp Stamping Subscribed Testify Weigh Weighed Witnessed Witnesses Write Writing
Jump to NextBalances Book Cause Contract Deed Evidence Money Scales Seal Sealed Signed Silver Stamp Stamping Subscribed Testify Weigh Weighed Witnessed Witnesses Write Writing
LinksJeremiah 32:10 NIV
Jeremiah 32:10 NLT
Jeremiah 32:10 ESV
Jeremiah 32:10 NASB
Jeremiah 32:10 KJV
Jeremiah 32:10 Bible Apps
Jeremiah 32:10 Biblia Paralela
Jeremiah 32:10 Chinese Bible
Jeremiah 32:10 French Bible
Jeremiah 32:10 German Bible
Jeremiah 32:10 Commentaries
THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica®.