New American Standard Bible
"He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.
King James Bible
He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
Darby Bible Translation
He that rejects me and does not receive my words, has him who judges him: the word which I have spoken, that shall judge him in the last day.
World English Bible
He who rejects me, and doesn't receive my sayings, has one who judges him. The word that I spoke, the same will judge him in the last day.
Young's Literal Translation
'He who is rejecting me, and not receiving my sayings, hath one who is judging him, the word that I spake, that will judge him in the last day,
John 12:48 Parallel
CommentaryBarnes' Notes on the Bible
He that rejecteth me - Luke 10:16. The word "reject" means to despise, or to refuse to receive him.
Hath one - That is, he needs not my voice to condemn him. He will carry his own condemnation with him, even should I be silent. His own conscience will condemn him. The words which I have spoken will be remembered and will condemn him, if there were nothing further. From this we learn:
1. that a guilty conscience needs no accuser.
2. that the words of Christ, and the messages of mercy which the sinner has rejected, will be remembered by him.
3. that this will be the source of his condemnation. This will make him miserable, and there will be no possibility of his being happy.
4. that the conscience of the sinner will concur with the sentence of Christ in the great day, and that he will go to eternity self-condemned. It is this which will make the pains of hell so intolerable to the sinner.
5. The word that Christ has spoken, the doctrines of his gospel, and the messages of mercy, will be that by which the sinner will be judged in the last day. Every person will be judged by that message, and the sinner will be punished according to the frequency and clearness with which the rejected message has been presented to his mind, Matthew 12:41.
LibrarySeptember 8 Evening
Christ the firstfruits.--I COR. 15:23. Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.--If the firstfruit be holy the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.--Now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.--If we have been planted together in the likeness of his death we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection.--The Lord Jesus Christ . . . shall change our vile …
Anonymous—Daily Light on the Daily Path
February 29 Morning
A Parting Warning
The Praise of Men.
'I will raise up a prophet from among their countrymen like you, and I will put My words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him.
"Truly I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city.
"The one who listens to you listens to Me, and the one who rejects you rejects Me; and he who rejects Me rejects the One who sent Me."
"Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father; the one who accuses you is Moses, in whom you have set your hope.
"This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day.
"He who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because you are not of God."
because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead."
Jump to PreviousAccept Condemn Heart Judge Judges Judgeth Judging Last Message Naught Puts Receive Receiveth Receiving Rejecteth Rejecting Rejects Sayings Sets Teachings Word Words
Jump to NextAccept Condemn Heart Judge Judges Judgeth Judging Last Message Naught Puts Receive Receiveth Receiving Rejecteth Rejecting Rejects Sayings Sets Teachings Word Words
LinksJohn 12:48 NIV
John 12:48 NLT
John 12:48 ESV
John 12:48 NASB
John 12:48 KJV
John 12:48 Bible Apps
John 12:48 Biblia Paralela
John 12:48 Chinese Bible
John 12:48 French Bible
John 12:48 German Bible
John 12:48 Commentaries