And I write in a book, and seal, and cause witnesses to testify, and weigh the silver in balances;
Jeremiah 32:10 Additional TranslationsClarke's Commentary on the Bible
I subscribed the evidence - We have here all the circumstances of this legal act:
1. An offer is made of the reversion of the ground, till the jubilee, to him who would then of right come into possession.
2. The price is agreed on, and the silver weighed in the balances.
3. A contract or deed of sale is drawn up, to which both parties agreeing,
4. Witnesses are brought forward to see it signed and sealed; for the contract was both subscribed and sealed.
5. A duplicate of the deed was drawn, which was not to be sealed, but to lie open for the inspection of those concerned in some public place where it might be safe and always to be seen.
6. The original, which was sealed up, was put in an earthen pitcher in order to be preserved from accidents.
7. This was delivered by the purchaser into the hands of a third party, to be preserved for the use of the purchaser, and witnesses were called to attest this delivery.
8. They subscribed the book of the purchase, perhaps a town book, or register, where such purchases were entered. Baruch was a scribe by profession; and the deeds were delivered into his hands, before witnesses, to be preserved as above.
Perhaps the law, in this case, required that the instrument should be thus lodged. But, in the present case, both the deeds, the original and the duplicate, were put into the earthen pitcher because the city was about to be burnt; and if lodged as usual, they would be destroyed in the general conflagration. See Jeremiah 32:14.
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
Jeremiah 32:12,44 And I gave the evidence of the purchase to Baruch the son of Neriah, the son of Maaseiah, in the sight of Hanameel my uncle's son...
Isaiah 44:5 One shall say, I am the LORD's; and another shall call himself by the name of Jacob...
subscribed the evidence. Heb. wrote in the book.
Joshua 18:9 And the men went and passed through the land, and described it by cities into seven parts in a book...
Isaiah 30:8 Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever:
Deuteronomy 32:34 Is not this laid up in store with me, and sealed up among my treasures?
Job 14:17 My transgression is sealed up in a bag, and you sew up my iniquity.
Songs 8:6 Set me as a seal on your heart, as a seal on your arm: for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave...
Daniel 8:26 And the vision of the evening and the morning which was told is true: why shut you up the vision; for it shall be for many days.
John 3:33 He that has received his testimony has set to his seal that God is true.
John 6:27 Labor not for the meat which perishes, but for that meat which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give to you...
2 Corinthians 1:22 Who has also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.
Ephesians 1:13 In whom you also trusted, after that you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that you believed...
Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby you are sealed to the day of redemption.
Revelation 7:2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels...
Revelation 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree...
Jeremiah 32:12,25,44 And I gave the evidence of the purchase to Baruch the son of Neriah, the son of Maaseiah, in the sight of Hanameel my uncle's son...
Ruth 4:9-11 And Boaz said to the elders, and to all the people, You are witnesses this day, that I have bought all that was Elimelech's...
Isaiah 8:1,2 Moreover the LORD said to me, Take you a great roll, and write in it with a man's pen concerning Mahershalalhashbaz...
Jeremiah 32:10 Parallel CommentariesBalances Book Cause Contract Deed Evidence Money Scales Seal Sealed Signed Silver Stamp Stamping Subscribed Testify Weigh Weighed Witnessed Witnesses Write WritingBalances Book Cause Contract Deed Evidence Money Scales Seal Sealed Signed Silver Stamp Stamping Subscribed Testify Weigh Weighed Witnessed Witnesses Write WritingTHE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica®.
Jeremiah 32:10 Mobile Bible
Jeremiah 32:10 Bible Suite
Jeremiah 32:10 Biblia Paralela
Jeremiah 32:10 Chinese Bible