By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house…
I. The things not seen as yet are THE GREATEST THINGS IN HUMAN HISTORY.
1. The greatness of human nature.
2. The solemnity of human life.
II. Some of the things not seen as yet are DIVINELY REVEALED TO MAN AS ARTICLES OF FAITH.
1. The universal triumph of the gospel in the world.
2. The termination of that mediatorial system of things under which the human race has been living ever since the fall.
3. The separation of the righteous from the wicked.
III. Man's faith in the things not seen as yet is CAPABLE OF EXERTING A MIGHTY INFLUENCE UPON HIS LIFE.
1. Noah's faith in the unseen impelled him to the most trying work. It was trying to his —
(2) social nature;
2. His faith impelled him to the most serviceable work. In carrying out God's idea, he saved the world.
3. Sin-condemning work.
4. Self-rectifying work.
Parallel VersesKJV: By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
WEB: By faith, Noah, being warned about things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared a ship for the saving of his house, through which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.