1 Peter 3:8-9
Finally, be you all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brothers, be pitiful, be courteous:…
I. SOME QUALITIES OF BROTHERLY LOVE.
1. It is a peculiar and Divine principle.
2. It is comprehensive and universal.
3. It should be sincere and fervent.
4. It must be constant and permanent.
II. THE WAY IN WHICH IT SHOULD BE MANIFESTED.
1. It will produce unanimity.
2. It will lead to the exercise of compassion and sympathy.
3. It will be regulated by Christian courtesy.
4. It should be manifested by Christians in their uniting in social exercises of devotion, and in the public worship of God.
Parallel VersesKJV: Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous: