And there was a famine in the land: and Abram went down into Egypt to sojourn there; for the famine was grievous in the land.…
I. THAT LIFE CAN BE TOO DEARLY PURCHASED.
1. When truth is sacrificed for its safety.
2. When the purity of others is exposed to danger.
3. When injustice is done to others.
4. When every ether thought becomes subordinate to this.
II. THAT THE DIVINE IS THE ONLY STANDARD WHICH DETERMINES THE VALUE OF LIFE.
1. We shall then realize that its existence depends on God.
2. That the strength of life is in God.
3. That its true prosperity is from God.
4. That through God it can be restored to Canaan.
Parallel VersesKJV: And there was a famine in the land: and Abram went down into Egypt to sojourn there; for the famine was grievous in the land.