Therefore be you also ready: for in such an hour as you think not the Son of man comes.
I. THE EVENT FOR WHICH WE ARE TO BE READY.
1. At death, the body turns to its original dust.
2. At death, the soul and body separate.
3. At death, the soul appears before God.
II. WHAT IS IMPLIED IN BEING READY? Great events require suitable preparation. Preparation for death implies —
1. A perception of unfitness for death, without an interest in the favour of God.
2. Faith in Christ, which is instrumental in obtaining pardon of sin, etc.
4. Diligence in the use of the public and private means of grace.
III. MOTIVES TO URGE US TO BE READY.
1. Death is sure to come.
2. The time of death's approach is uncertain.
3. Abundant provision is made to induce this preparation.
4. The present life is the only period in which we can prepare for death.
5. To be ready indicates true wisdom, and gives peace.
Parallel VersesKJV: Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.