Moreover the word of the LORD came to me, saying,…
I. THE RICH AND GLOWING DESCRIPTION OF YOUTHFUL PIETY HERE GIVEN.
1. Ardent affection.
2. Union of the soul to Christ.
3. A going after God.
4. Not discouraged by difficulties and troubles.
5. A religion of holiness.
II. THE ASPECT WHICH THE DIVINE REMEMBRANCE OF YOUTHFUL PIETY MAY HAVE ON DIFFERENT CIRCUMSTANCES OF LIFE.
1. A view of approbation.
(1) When you are successfully struggling with the temptations of the world.
(2) When you act under the influence of youthful impressions in promoting the cause of truth and holiness.
(3) When sunk in deep affliction.
(4) When young people come to be old people.
2. A remembrance of regret and displeasure.
(R. Winter, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Moreover the word of the LORD came to me, saying,