Your kingdom come, Your will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
I. Look at God's will, in two or three of its ESSENTIAL PROPERTIES.
1. It is universal.
2. It is wise.
3. It is supreme.
II. Three things CONTAINED in this petition.
1. God's will done in the fulfilment of duty.
2. In the endurance of trial.
3. In the universal prevalence of holiness.
III. How is God's will done in heaven?
IV. The BLESSINGS THAT FLOW from acquiescence with the mill of God are innumerable.
1. It secures our happiness.
2. It secures our safety.
3. It secures our satisfaction.
(Dr. O. Winslow.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.