Let brotherly love continue.
I. ITS NATURE.
1. Unity in sentiment.
2. Union of feeling.
3. Union of effort.
II. THE DESIRABLENESS OR IMPORTANCE OF CHRISTIAN UNION.
1. The teachings of Scripture.
2. The example of the early Christians.
3. The evils of division.
4. Christians are engaged in the same cause.
5. Union is strength.
6. Union is promotive of happiness.
7. It is only by the exercise of that love, which is the substratum of union, that one can resemble God, and become imbued with the spirit of heaven.
(W. C. Whitcomb.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Let brotherly love continue.