Who satisfies your mouth with good things; so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
I. A STRIKING FIGURE. The eagle is an emblem of the prosperous Christian —
1. In the penetration of its eye.
2. In the elevation of its flight.
3. In the swiftness of its motion. If the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts, we cannot be dull and inactive.
4. In the dignity of its appearance. The grace of God elevates the mind and ennobles the soul. Christians are dignified in character, principles, pursuits, duties, ends and aims, and destinies.
II. A PLEASING FACT. There are times when God graciously appears on behalf of His people, in such a way, that He may be said to "renew their youth like the eagle's."
1. In the recovery of health after severe sickness.
2. In the renewal of vigour after religious decay.
3. In the restoration of joy after spiritual depression.
4. In the perpetual bloom of immortality.
Parallel VersesKJV: Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.