Has not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel to honor, and another to dishonor?…
I. THE QUESTION PROPOSED.
1. A seemingly needless one.
2. Proposed as an argument for conviction.
II. THE ANSWER IMPLIED. That God is —
1. The Creator of all things.
2. The arbitrator of the destiny of everything.
3. That He has, as such, a right to create and plan out as He thinks fit.
1. Do not question God's authority.
2. Submit to all His decrees with humility.
(J. H. Tasson.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?