And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,…
1. Gold. Type of the Divine glory of the Lord Jesus as Son of God.
2. Silver. The preciousness of the Lord Jesus as the Ransom for the sinner.
3. Brass. The power of the Lord Jesus to endure the cross, because He is God.
4. Blue. The manifestation of God as love, in the ways and death of Christ.
5. Purple. The manifestation of the God-Man, God manifest in the flesh.
6. Scarlet. The manifestation of the true dignity and glory of man as seen in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of Man.
7. Fine linen. The righteous man exhibiting to the eye of faith "the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."
8. Goats'hair. The memorial of the death of the Lord Jesus as the offering for sin.
9. Rams'skins dyed red. The outward aspect of Christ as the Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. Born in this world to die.
10. Badgers'skins. The outward aspect of Christ, as having no form nor comeliness to the heart of the natural man.
11. Shittim wood. The Lord Jesus, the incorruptible Man. "That holy thing," the Son of God.
12. Oil for the light. The Lord Jesus as the light; filled with the Spirit.
13. Spices for anointing oil. The graces of the Spirit in all their fulness manifested by the Christ.
14. Spices for sweet incense. The fragrant graces of Christ made manifest on the cross, and perpetuated in His intercession.
15. Onyx stones, and stones to be set in the ephod and the breastplate. The glory and brilliancy of the Heavenly One reflected also in His saints.
(H. W. Soltau.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,