And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For your is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
I. A SEVENFOLD VIEW OF PRAISE.
1. Prayer ends in praise. Our God who sees the end from the beginning, sees praise in every petition.
2. Praise is the language of the soul in communion with God.
3. It is the culminating point of prayer.
4. The doxology is an argument.
5. Praise is faith and more than faith, it is an anticipation of heaven.
6. The great bond of union is praise.
7. Praise is God's gift.
II. THE THREEFOLD ASCRIPTION OF PRAISE.
1. There is the kingdom.
2. The power.
3. The glory.
III. THE KINGDOM, POWER, AND GLORY, AS BELONGING TO THE TRIUNE GOD.
IV. FOR EVER.
Parallel VersesKJV: And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.