And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For your is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
I. The OFFERING OF PRAISE as a necessary part of religious worship.
1. Praise is the most disinterested form of religious worship.
2. It is a divinely appointed type of devotion because of its inspiring and elevating influence upon the mind of the worshipper himself.
3. Praise comes nearest to the worship of heaven.
II. Those CHARACTERISTICS of His holy nature and ground for which we are here taught to show forth His praise.
1. We ascribe to the object of our adoration boundless and universal sovereignty.
2. We are instructed to make grateful mention of His omnipotence.
3. His glory.
4. But our doxology rises in the majesty of its ascriptions — dominion, power, glory — for ever.
(D. Moore, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.