And Jacob went on his way, and the angels of God met him.
I. THE ANGELS THEMSELVES.
1. Their number is very great.
2. They are swift as the flames of fire.
3. They are strong.
4. They seem to be all young.
5. They are evidently endowed with corresponding moral excellences.
II. THE MINISTRY OF ANGELS HAS THESE CHARACTERISTICS. It is a ministry of —
5. Fellowship and convoy through death to life, and from earth to heaven.
III. THE WHOLE SUBJECT SHOWS IN A VERY STRIKING MANNER —
1. The exceeding greatness of the glory of Christ.
2. The value and greatness of salvation.
(A. Raleigh, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Jacob went on his way, and the angels of God met him.