And it was the third hour, and they crucified him.
I. THE DEATH OF CRUCIFIXION.
2. Involving self-abasement on Christ's part.
3. Conformity in will on ours.
II. THE PLACE OF CRUCIFIXION.
1. Common execution ground for felons and outlaws. A place of desolation and horror.
2. We have to bear His reproach.
III. THE BLINDNESS OF HATE. They did all in their power against Him. But with what result?
1. That was the salvation hour for the whole world.
2. Jesus went into the realm of the dead, and revolutionized it, opening the door of Satan's stronghold and setting the captives free.
3. He has changed the aspect of death forever — rolled away its sting.
(F. B. Proctor, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And it was the third hour, and they crucified him.