For our conversation is in heaven; from where also we look for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ:…
I. A HEAVENLY MINDEDNESS IS NECESSARY FOR THAT.
1. A heavenly mindedness must accompany a conversation in heaven; i.e., our heart is in heaven, our mind is directed thence.
2. As is the mind, so is the conduct. Worldly mindedness is enmity against Christ and His Cross — the friendship of the world is enmity against God.
3. As is the conduct, so shall be the end. Contrast of the earthly and heavenly minded (vers. 19, 20).
II. THERE MUST BE A CHANGE OF HEART IN US.
1. We must be translated into the kingdom of heaven. By nature we are not heavenly minded; selfishness, sin, has made us earthly minded, estranged our heart from God.
2. This change can be wrought only by faith in Christ.
Parallel VersesKJV: For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: